Need help with amp and sub install.

TheNoob

Texas
I bought an amp and subwoofer for my car because it was on sale. Now the problem is that I want to install it myself because its expensive to get a pro shop install it. I bought a Bass Inferno Bi1400Mx monoblock amp and a Bass Inferno DVC Sub.

Now I was looking at some videos and im assuming that i need to run a parallel wiring since the amp is 2 ohms. Is that correct ??? Thanks

Bi1400Mx | Bass Inferno

BW12D | Bass Inferno

Yes i know i bought some not to good stuff. Thats all i can afford, im not looking to wake up the neighbors in the middle of the night. I just want some bass i can hear in the car.

i'll just go ahead and jump off a cliff. It will save you time and regret of reading my worthless posts.
man that's really helpful, please do.

to the OP, if you indeed bought a DVC 2ohm sub running that in parallel will give the amp a 1ohm load which the specs say it can handle. with cheaper products, always beware of misleading specs. if the amp shuts down alot running at 1 ohm you'll need to rewire in series to achieve a 4ohm impedance.

AFS585: I checked the sub and each VC is 2 ohms so it puts out 4 ohms in series, however I wired the sub in parallel and for some strange reason the impedance says its 4 ohms. How is that even possible ?!?!?!?!?!

tyronekndrck: I bought the sub and amp as a combo lol. im satisfied with my purchase Im not looking for a system that wakes up the neighborhood at night.

AFS585: I checked the sub and each VC is 2 ohms so it puts out 4 ohms in series, however I wired the sub in parallel and for some strange reason the impedance says its 4 ohms. How is that even possible ?!?!?!?!?!
tyronekndrck: I bought the sub and amp as a combo lol. im satisfied with my purchase Im not looking for a system that wakes up the neighborhood at night.
are you absolutely sure you wired it in parallel?

If the equipment you have is what you linked to then you need to wire the D2 sub to 1 ohm. That amp is probably 300 watts but itll move the sub. This will be a very basic and easy install. Run an 8 gauge power wire from your battery to the trunk and a set of RCA cables and a remote wire from your headunit as well. Install a fuse within 12 inches from the battery on the power wire and it doesn't hurt to install a 2nd fuse within 12 inches of the amp. Hook up the power wire and remote wire and run a ground wire from the amp to a bare metal area as close to the amp as you can find. It must be clean bare metal. Wire the sub to 1 ohm and connect the + and - to the speaker connections on the amp. Start with gain low and make slight adjustments. Read up on how to set gains on an amp. It's not rocket science but it's easy to mess up.

that is definitely parallel wiring. it's normal for the reading to not be exactly 1 ohm though when measuring with a DMM. i've never seen a reading that far off before but i wouldn't be concerned unless it read 0.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.