Need help just to get started

ElChupacabra

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay So I'm a complete novice when it comes to hooking up a system. But I'm not the type of guy that just wants to go to a shop and pay for them to make my decisions for me I'd like to know what I'm getting why I'm getting and what all my options are before doing that. I have an 02 Honda Accord with a Pioneer AVH-210EX And a couple pairs of after market JBL speakers installed. I'd like to get a couple of either 12" or 10" subs to compliment what I already have. I'm a pretty big bass head I like all types of music but would really like it to hit hard for my EDM as well as the rap or hip hop I'm listening to. What are some good recommendations for brands of subs how do I know what kind of amplifier would go with the subs I'm looking for do I always have to stick with the same brand of subs with the amplifier What kind of wodage do I need to be looking for in an amplifier to go with a sub that I may have picked out (I have yet to pick anything out) basically I'm looking for A car system for dummies lesson. Can anybody help

Brand matching isn't necessary, can just look cleaner to have matching stuff. Pick some subs, and then buy the amp the provides the power you need for the sub/s.

There's 1000s of subs out there. Some require a lot of space, some small, some the entire trunk. For me I've always enjoyed the Image Dynamics, Sundown and Alpine subs, they're reasonably priced and get the job done for me.

I've always wanted to do an IB set up, just never had a car with a trunk to try it.. always a truck, van or suv. Big clear bass, not a lot of power, looks awesome.

Depends on your goals and your budget though really.

Brand matching isn't necessary, can just look cleaner to have matching stuff. Pick some subs, and then buy the amp the provides the power you need for the sub/s.

There's 1000s of subs out there. Some require a lot of space, some small, some the entire trunk. For me I've always enjoyed the Image Dynamics, Sundown and Alpine subs, they're reasonably priced and get the job done for me.

I've always wanted to do an IB set up, just never had a car with a trunk to try it.. always a truck, van or suv. Big clear bass, not a lot of power, looks awesome.

Budget would be somewhere in the $500-$700 range. And goals are clear bass and decent power i don't need anything thats gonna win me any awards but at the same time with this investment I'd like something to show for it.
Question are brands like kicker and Rockford Fosgate just better marketed or are they really superior to lets say what you mentioned?

Kicker and Fosgate are over priced, due to their marketing. They make an okay product, but for the money there are a plethora of better options.

In regards to subs, sub placement and box are gonna make a big difference, nearly as much difference as the actual sub itself.

5-700 is a is a decent budget, I assume you'll need to buy a box (unless you have one or can make one yourself) you'll need about 100 for decent wiring and rcas, so that wittles the budget down to around 250-500 for sub/s and amp.

How much space are you willing to sacrifice in the trunk?

. Image dynamics make GREAT SUBS
Okay So I'm a complete novice when it comes to hooking up a system. But I'm not the type of guy that just wants to go to a shop and pay for them to make my decisions for me I'd like to know what I'm getting why I'm getting and what all my options are before doing that. I have an 02 Honda Accord with a Pioneer AVH-210EX And a couple pairs of after market JBL speakers installed. I'd like to get a couple of either 12" or 10" subs to compliment what I already have. I'm a pretty big bass head I like all types of music but would really like it to hit hard for my EDM as well as the rap or hip hop I'm listening to. What are some good recommendations for brands of subs how do I know what kind of amplifier would go with the subs I'm looking for do I always have to stick with the same brand of subs with the amplifier What kind of wodage do I need to be looking for in an amplifier to go with a sub that I may have picked out (I have yet to pick anything out) basically I'm looking for A car system for dummies lesson. Can anybody help
I’m with caustic myself on his advice. Image dynamics make really great subs. Even the image dynamics id10 or id12s would be a great addition. They are relatively cheap but great quality

Kicker and Fosgate are over priced, due to their marketing. They make an okay product, but for the money there are a plethora of better options.

In regards to subs, sub placement and box are gonna make a big difference, nearly as much difference as the actual sub itself.

5-700 is a is a decent budget, I assume you'll need to buy a box (unless you have one or can make one yourself) you'll need about 100 for decent wiring and rcas, so that wittles the budget down to around 250-500 for sub/s and amp.

How much space are you willing to sacrifice in the trunk?
All if I have to ha

Any interest in infinite baffle (ib)? Check it out

Or that link that aespinoza linked would work and it comes with everything you need to get bumping pretty quick.

I believe in the power of cone area, no replacement for displacement.

i have a 99 Accord. im running 1 12" RE SE sealed. i listen to rock, metal, rap, electronic etc. it hits nice and clean.

id look into Fi or Image Dynamics for subs

heres mine...

IMG-1830-Original.jpg

IMG-1831-Original.jpg

Pick up a couple of these and a Taramps MD1800 one ohm version. You really won't be able to beat if for the price. Build your own box or try something like this. You'll definitely be happy. All three should cost under $525 total.
Screenshot_20200719-221200_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200719-222135_Samsung Internet.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.