Need help asap subwoofer problems

Bassboosted4000w

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello
I have two 4000w subs with a 1 inch box
Also i have a smart 3 taramp 3000w amp
With 4gauge wire. Amp keeps going into protection and turns right back on after certain volume they hit hard untill i push the volume to high??? Plz help do i need 0gauge wire or another amp

Hello
With 4gauge wire. Amp keeps going into protection and turns right back on after certain volume they hit hard untill i push the volume to high??? Plz help do i need 0gauge wire or another amp
What does your electrical consist of? High output alternator? Upgraded AGM battery? Lithium battery? Big 3 done? What kind of vehicle? What year?

What does your electrical consist of? High output alternator? Upgraded AGM battery? Lithium battery? Big 3 done? What kind of vehicle? What year?
Electrical is 4gauge wire positive and negative... All original battery and alternator and no extra battery and its a 06 nissan maxima 3.5l sl

Hello

Exactly what subs are you running? If those subs are 4,000 watts rms each then you are underpowering them. I thought that the Smart 3 requires 1/0 gauge power and grounds.

Electrical is 4gauge wire positive and negative... All original battery and alternator and no extra battery and its a 06 nissan maxima 3.5l sl
You need to upgrade the alternator and at least have a high AH battery under the hood. And to keep the voltage up, doing the big 3 upgrade in 1/0 OFC. I don't think you've got enough electrical to power that smart 3

Rockville 12" their peak is 4000w and idk im new to this honestly brotha

Never go by peak, only rms. Your voltage is dropping too low and throwing the amp into protect. You need to get your electrical straight. Taramps amps do not like low voltage at all. The amp is doing it's job and protecting itself. Are you wired to one or two ohms?

Never go by peak, only rms. Your voltage is dropping too low and throwing the amp into protect. You need to get your electrical straight. Taramps amps do not like low voltage at all. The amp is doing it's job and protecting itself. Are you wired to one or two ohms?
16290867305411994328545796348522.jpg

Plus Rockville isn't exactly known for being truthful on their RMS on their products no matter what they are. Like Dafaseles said 1/0 Big 3 in either OFC or Welding wire, a high output alternator at least 250 amps and not some no name amazon or ebay garbage either. I am running a SIA 3.5K and a Pioneer GM-D8604 and total is around 4K and I have all that done and no volt drop at all and using a standard 65 series Walmart battery the biggest one they have and it works. I still plan on going to a XS Power 6500 which is good to 4K wattage for the main battery later this year.

The amp is just protecting itself. Have to upgrade that equipment or you will continue to get that issue happening. Has nothing to do with the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...