Need a new alt? Or extra equipment?

here is one from Summit that will fit your car (I think)

Proform Alternator 120 Amps Chrome Plated 12V Gm 10Si Case 66445-12N (037995995127) | eBay

We use the gm HO alts on the off road trucks I am into (Samurai's) and everyone gets them from the junk yard off either Police Interceptors, Vans, and a pretty good size list of other cars. Most junk yards charge $20 - $30 for it.

If you want to go that route I can find the link to a write-up that shows how to tell if it is a HO alt and what cars to look for.

But if you want to go new ebay has one on Auction right now going for like $50

Even the 85amp alt would be a good start if it's real cheap, if not I'd just go for a bigger one. I've got a 70a alt and don't have a problem running my amps, pushing a bit over 1500w. That's with a weaker battery than the red top too. But that's just me.

Definitely get the big 3 done though, that's what helped me a ton.

After all night looking on ebay and various other sites, Ebay has a H/O 120a alt for $72!! Definitely going to be picking this up. Hopefully will buy the rest of my system by the end of this week. Thanks for the help all.

Definately should have 100 amp alt or better even efficeint amps around 1200 watt draw around 100a not to mention the basics your car needs to operate 140 a alt should b ok but prob still need a batt to back it up to run 1500 daily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.