My truck box wants a port.

hasa68mustang
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
it told me so. but yea I had a huge thing typed out explaining alot, and my computer crapped on me so heres a smaller version, Im wanting to run 2 12"s in this box, its pretty small I know but it will have to do. basically I want to port it but with the box design a vent woudl be pretty difficult IMO because of having no room behind the subs and I want to place the port(s) on the side because it sounded better with my 8"s in smaller boxes compared to it facing up. soooo anyone have any ideas? heres the dimensions, from my calculations the box is about 2.2^3 (I think thats how you type it...) but my math could be wrong, anyone feel like checking it? but yea if I were to run a port would it sound better on the driver, or passenger side? I was thinking passenger, but it is going to be vehicle specific I suppose, ok yea sorry for the rambling, but help is greatly appreciated! and any suggestions for the port size would be great. Thanks, Tommy

box2.jpg

from my calculations assuming that it is 3/4" mdf that about 1.66^2, and after you put a port in it will make it considerably smaller. i would try 2 10's sealed or maybe 1 10 ported.

its a reg cab...i think its a mitsubishi..mid to late 80's..not sure. yesterday we were messin around..had 2 home audio 8's in their..it gets pretty loud..i cant wait to hear these 2 12's..looks like sealed is what hes gonna have to do though.

figured I would update: I went with sealed, sounds pretty good, I definately need an amp though, back in the day I bought a pyramid and it is crap. I ran into soo many rattling problems... I ended up setting a towel on the back to stop the box from rattling against the cab (its metal (that sounds like im retarded and saying the cab is made out of metal BUT there is no carpeting or anything on that back wall)) and the door sounds like its going to fall off and the roof flexes quite a bit. not bad, the subs are pioneer TS-W306c's and a 1800 watt 4 channel pyramid amp bridged running 900 watts A PIECE!!! pyramid FTL, oh yea and regular cabs FTL.

so maybe what, 450 watts total for the pair?
at 17 volts maybe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I think I found a buyer for the subs and amp so maybe I can go with something to suit the box better... 6x9s FTW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.