FEATURED Downfiring box for my truck

I used 50$ roll on bed liner from Harbor Freight on my 6th order. It actually dried nice and even to my surprise. That 1 gallon of bed liner painted 4 enclosures. One of the only cheap things I’ve bought that actually worked well from harbor freight. It’s also durable and resists scratching quite well.
View attachment 46014

Nice! I definitely would have considered that route if I new it would come out that smooth.👍

Did you you do the whole thing with just glue?
If so what kind?
Always wanted to try but never had the balls to

Yep, just regular tightbond glue. I hardly ever use screws.

I've seen people say online that glue is all you need but I always had a hard time believing it and figure why not use screws as well for the extra few minutes it takes.

My bro who knows nothing
about speaker boxes but is a great wood worker backed those claims up. So finally I did a test on some scrap pieces. I can confirm that the wood will come apart before the glue does as long as you have nice straight flush cuts. I'm still using screws on my current build due to only owning 2 large clamps. I'm basically only using screws to draw the wood together while the glue dries.

I've seen people say online that glue is all you need but I always had a hard time believing it and figure why not use screws as well for the extra few minutes it takes.

My bro who knows nothing
about speaker boxes but is a great wood worker backed those claims up. So finally I did a test on some scrap pieces. I can confirm that the wood will come apart before the glue does as long as you have nice straight flush cuts. I'm still using screws on my current build due to only owning 2 large clamps. I'm basically only using screws to draw the wood together while the glue dries.
My cutting skills aren’t 100 but I do make sure to be generous with the glue and use wood filler for any small gap. I will use a screw(s) if my cut is a total f@ckup to draw the pieces together.

I used 50$ roll on bed liner from Harbor Freight on my 6th order. It actually dried nice and even to my surprise. That 1 gallon of bed liner painted 4 enclosures. One of the only cheap things I’ve bought that actually worked well from harbor freight. It’s also durable and resists scratching quite well.
View attachment 46014

I may have to try that. I was looking at the PE stuff, but it's $40/quart. Any special prep work, priming?

What’s up guys. My wife passed away on Jan 7th and I can’t find words to explain the hurt. Just taking life one day at a time. I’m gonna start back with this build to keep my mind occupied.

What’s up guys. My wife passed away on Jan 7th and I can’t find words to explain the hurt. Just taking life one day at a time. I’m gonna start back with this build to keep my mind occupied.

Bro, that is horrible news and I will just leave it at that. You can DM if you need to talk. Take care of yourself and stay strong. You know that is what she would want you to do. Make her proud of you by staying strong and enjoying your life in her honor. ❤

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...