FEATURED Downfiring box for my truck

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Simple pic(s) of a new build for my single cab truck. Not going to take as many pics of the box but once I incorporate cup holders,etc, I’ll post more. Box will be 1.7@33hz
Much appreciation to @SlugButter for the help!
Subs will be down firing with port firing foward. Ct Sounds Strato 8’s.
58128C27-8BFC-4049-B047-45A877A96F81.jpeg
AF86561A-C387-4F19-9980-EA713FBD44E5.jpeg

Actual ”enclosure “ is done. Test fit and it’s perfect. Now I will spend the next day or so and come up with a design to make it an actual console. Gotta lift it about 2.5-3” and add armrest, cup holders.
66843CD0-F1DE-4A1C-91F1-64F968C052D9.jpeg
6FC9B8DA-A87C-4DC1-8B95-3F484A21EA32.jpeg
3D8537E4-1990-4BBC-8136-2B01B25A92C0.jpeg

Man.. That turned out pretty nice. Have you powered it up yet? Curious as to how it performs for you?
Not yet, I may mount subs in box, lift it a few inches to find a sweet spot just to see how it sounds. Got to get my amps mounted behind passenger seat as well. Had a few hours of decent weather before it got too cold again. Imma see how much I can accomplish tomorrow.

Not yet, I may mount subs in box, lift it a few inches to find a sweet spot just to see how it sounds. Got to get my amps mounted behind passenger seat as well. Had a few hours of decent weather before it got too cold again. Imma see how much I can accomplish tomorrow.
Not having a heated garage or shop *****. I usually don’t need heat in southern AZ, but December and January are the only 2 months where it’s a problem. 27 degrees out here in the desert this morning. I’m doing everything under heat lamps right now. My shop looks more like a baby chicken hatchery than a work space.

Not having a heated garage or shop *****. I usually don’t need heat in southern AZ, but December and January are the only 2 months where it’s a problem. 27 degrees out here in the desert this morning. I’m doing everything under heat lamps right now. My shop looks more like a baby chicken hatchery than a work space.
High today is 44. Won’t be soo bad if the wind take the day off. I may get some cardboard and Draw up a template to attach to the box and go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...