My sub isnt hitting right, could it be the amp is not giving enough power?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pberrios

Boston
Okay so I have a kicker solo baric L5 500 rms 10 inch dvc 4 ohm wired to a Rockford Fosgate prime 500.1, 500 at 2 ohms 330 at 4 ohms. It is wired for a 2 ohm load the speaker is (atleast the guy who installed it told me it was) and when I check the wiring it looks ok from the outside, I cant see how its wired inside the box, so I am pretty sure I am getting the 500 watts. The issue is i feel like this sub is not hitting like it should, the amp gets very hot and sometimes the radio just shuts off then come back on. I have experimented with gain, frequency and all that. I just cant figure out what the issue is, I thought 500 watts would be plenty for this sub. I feel like that fosgate amp just just isnt putting out enough power, but I read people saying this is a very good amp, Help?

Okay so I have a kicker solo baric L5 500 rms 10 inch dvc 4 ohm wired to a Rockford Fosgate prime 500.1, 500 at 2 ohms 330 at 4 ohms. It is wired for a 2 ohm load the speaker is (atleast the guy who installed it told me it was) and when I check the wiring it looks ok from the outside, I cant see how its wired inside the box, so I am pretty sure I am getting the 500 watts. The issue is i feel like this sub is not hitting like it should, the amp gets very hot and sometimes the radio just shuts off then come back on. I have experimented with gain, frequency and all that. I just cant figure out what the issue is, I thought 500 watts would be plenty for this sub. I feel like that fosgate amp just just isnt putting out enough power, but I read people saying this is a very good amp, Help?
Is it a prefab box? Tuning on the box? And there's no way you should be having an amp roasting after being installed by a shop. Smh.

Yeah its a box i bought, like its professionally made. Thats all i Know about that.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/needpics.gif.edd6d28e76618c28c46f343991bcced5.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/viking2.gif.35c13a457368016b956ccf693af31291.gif

The guy above is right bro, pix or it didn't happen.

That said, I have 2 L5's. I run 650w to the pair of them. So only 325w each, and that's only theoretical because of voltage drop and all that good ****. My windows flex like nuts if I put a 20hz tone through them. My box is too small, my amp is too small, and my car is too big. Somehow, they still slam like hell.

That said, I hooked up one on 600w and was NOT impressed at all. It was loud but disappointing. It may just be that you need two of them. Tune your gains with a DMM bro, it's worth it. I did and they slam.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.