My planned system, got some questions :D

Op... here is a quick list of Amps... Some of the other people on here might not like a few of the ones i suggest but they will do atleast 75% or better of rms

AutoTek

Audio Pipe

Re Audio

PPI - Precision Power

Hifonics / Power Acoustik if you can find the older models

MB Quarts Onyx or Discus

Soundstream

Subs:

Skar

RE

Obsidian

Diamond Audio

Image Dynamics

Memphis

Soundstream

Sundown Audio

All listed EQ is new within your range somewhat

Listed below here is Used

subs:

SA Audio

Skar Audio

Obsidian

DD

OZ

RE Audio

Most of which you can find in the classifieds within ur range

Amps:

just look in the classifieds you can find something good in there to push whatever you getting and be cheaper than the newer ones man.

If you can hold off and save another 200-300$ man you could do a really good setup and be a hell of alot more satsified

Dont waste money on stuff that isn't good to just spend more money on better stuff later down the road.... Used is good / New is good... Used is cheaper

****, I'd get 2 of those in my trunk if I could. but then my budget increases +$200 bucks -_-

Now on my Massive Audio V 12 Build, I noticed that those subs are dual 4 ohm subs, which means they can't be wired to 2 ohms, its either 4 ohms or 1 ohm. With the amplifier listed, a 2 ohm load would give those subs 300 watts RMS a piece, which is perfect but it won't happen. I don't want to wire anything with a 1 ohm more than 750 watts x 1 in my car, or I might as well kiss my alternator goodbye. Any advice? Different SVC subs? Different Amp? Or did I just get the DVC ohm load incorrect?

Okay I am browsing around for other subs. Here is some of the subs that I am interested in based on the brands you have named for subs

1. MB Quart ONX304 (ONX-304) 12" Dual 4 ohm 400 watts RMS ONYX Car Subwoofer/Sub - $55

2. AUDIOPIPE TSAR12 12" 375 watts RMS Single 4 ohm Sub - $53

As you can see I'm trying to stay in the $50-$70 sub range.

Now I have this thought. That Skar Sub and Box Package deal really intrigued me. I want a 100% non biased opinion on this: Would a Single Skar 12' in that custom ported box be louder AND hit lower at 600-700 watts RMS than 2 Massive Audio V 12's at 600 watts RMS total or any of the subs listed above in pairs? If not, would the 15' be?

****, I'd get 2 of those in my trunk if I could. but then my budget increases +$200 bucks -_-
Now on my Massive Audio V 12 Build, I noticed that those subs are dual 4 ohm subs, which means they can't be wired to 2 ohms, its either 4 ohms or 1 ohm. With the amplifier listed, a 2 ohm load would give those subs 300 watts RMS a piece, which is perfect but it won't happen. I don't want to wire anything with a 1 ohm more than 750 watts x 1 in my car, or I might as well kiss my alternator goodbye. Any advice? Different SVC subs? Different Amp? Or did I just get the DVC ohm load incorrect?
Just cuz an amp puts that much power out at 1 ohm doesnt mean you have to use it all... Learn to set your gain correctly and you will be fine... I also have had a Skar 12 in 1.7 tuned at 31 and it was awesome! I may sell the box I had mine in as well....

Here is a pic of the box with another sub in it...

388783_313669868660410_100000521984734_1181543_985847131_n.jpg

Now I have this thought. That Skar Sub and Box Package deal really intrigued me. I want a 100% non biased opinion on this: Would a Single Skar 12' in that custom ported box be louder AND hit lower at 600-700 watts RMS than 2 Massive Audio V 12's at 600 watts RMS total or any of the subs listed above in pairs? If not, would the 15' be?
This is mostly targeted at Cyn, but if anybody else has real world experience with the Skar VVX 12, do tell //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is mostly targeted at Cyn, but if anybody else has real world experience with the Skar VVX 12, do tell //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Do you have the room and money for a properly built box for those 12's or 15?

Do you have the room and money for a properly built box for those 12's or 15?
That link that had the package deal was "Single SKAR VVX-12 (D2/D4) + Custom Ported Box = $209.99 with Free Shipping!"

I know for a fact that I can fit a dual 12' ported box in my trunk, and that single 12' box looks slightly smaller, so my indefinite answer would be yes. Regarding the '15, I would need the Box Enclolsure dimensions. I would definitely take the extra 2 weeks to scape up the money needed for the 12' so money wise for the 12' yes. For $40 more I could get the 15' so I think I could manage that as well.

The only thing I would have to worry about is finding an Amp that either does 600-700 watts at 1 ohm, or 4 ohms.

I was meanin for the last question if you cant get a nice box for the 2 12's then the skar in a nice box will be better... I may take them up on that deal as well since I liked my skar so much....
Oh. For the 2 12's no doubt. I have a Sedan' date=' and I know that I can easily fit 2 12's in a ported box, and if I really needed to I THINK I could do 2 15's but I don't want to find out if I can or not. I was going to ask around on this forum for a good box builder, so with that in mind, I would assume that yes, I could get a very decent box.

I can build you a box tuned to 33hrtz that would slam for those subs. If you pay for the wood, and supplies I will build you a box and ship it to you for $50. Cheap yea I know. But im trying to help you out.
He was refering to building a box with the Massive Audio V12's. So basically here's the question:

2 Massive Audio 12's 600 watt RMS total

-OR-

1 SKAR VVX12 12' 600 watt RMS total sub

Both in a custom ported box built for the respective subs, assuming that both will get atleast RMS wattage.

I was meanin for the last question if you cant get a nice box for the 2 12's then the skar in a nice box will be better... I may take them up on that deal as well since I liked my skar so much....
Yeah... I'm reallly enjoying this Skar I got from ya man....

AS far as them Massive's i couldn't guess man...

I had 2 JL 12w3s giving them rms specs of 300watts each.. they don't even come close to this single skar... and yes i had them even at 500watts and alil more and they never got close to this loud or hitting as hard

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.