My planned system, got some questions :D

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
So. I've been doing a lot of research on the sub system that I want to buy for my car. Lets get all of the details out first so you know whats up

Car information:

*1994 Honda Accord

*Stock 80 amp 12v Alternator

*Stock Battery

*Boss 612UA Headunit

*Kenwood KFC-1662S 3 ways in the front

*Sony Xplod 4 ways in the rear deck

Planned System (Budget

*2x Kenwood KFC-3013PS 400 watt RMS 4Ohm 12' Subs - $100

*Kenwood KAC-8105 500 watt RMS 2 Ohms (2x30 amp fuses) - $100 -OR-

*Kenwood KAC-9105 900 watt RMS 2 Ohms (3x30 amp fuses) - $170

*Atrend E12DSV Dual 12' Ported Box - $53

*Rockford Fosgate 4AWG Amp Wiring Kit (60 amp fuse) - $30

Prices are with brand new unopened products.

If I go with the KAC-8105 Amp, I'll be paying $348 total including installation.

System Expectations:

*Want the lows, especially in the 30-50hz region to really punch, more emphasis on the 35-45hz hip hop bass, I want the lows to hit nicely, and with a good 115-130dB loudness.

Now based on this information I have a couple questions.

1. With my alternator listed above, would my car be able to handle pulling 500/900 watts RMS from the respective amps listed.

2. I don't want my speakers to play bass. I want the subs to play bass, I want the speakers to play everything else, do I need to have a 5 channel amp to achieve this, since my HU doesn't have a crossover, or does the subs amp handle this?

3. For the budget price of no more than $300 what other combination of subs, and amps could I look into?

4. Will the subs listed be able to handle 450watts RMS if I choose the bigger 900 watt RMS amp?

5. Will the subs be noticeably louder with the KAC-9105 at the same volume vs the KAC-8105, or is it just better efficiency at that point?

6. Is the calculation 500 watts / 12 volts = 41 amps correct, will 500 watts RMS pull 41 amps, and will 900 watts RMS pull 75 amps from the alternator?

7. What else should I know, anything, as I want to be as educated on the subject as possible, so I don't have to worry about something going wrong once I do purchase the system.

I am a freshman college student, I'm not trying to put a $2000 system into my car, I just want to add some bass to my ride with a reasonable budget. I am perfectly content with my speakers and HU, as they do everything I need them to do. I provided that information so everybody could get a gauge at what I'm doing. And as for the sub system, I've heard this system in person and I think the subs (which were in a sealed box) hit almost precisely to the slam I want in my car. I don't want any recomendations saying I should get a rockford fosgate amp, or a JL Audio W6-7 subs, as those are clearly out of my budget, the W7's alone costing more per sub than my whole setup I have planned here.

I am a freshman college student, I'm not trying to put a $2000 system into my car, I just want to add some bass to my ride with a reasonable budget. I am perfectly content with my speakers and HU, as they do everything I need them to do. I provided that information so everybody could get a gauge at what I'm doing. And as for the sub system, I've heard this system in person and I think the subs (which were in a sealed box) hit almost precisely to the slam I want in my car. I don't want any recomendations saying I should get a rockford fosgate amp, or a JL Audio W6-7 subs, as those are clearly out of my budget, the W7's alone costing more per sub than my whole setup I have planned here.
Haha, you don't have to worry about that here. How about we start with a budget?

I will never recommend that equipment either... I would suggest before you buy anything read around here for a little bit and see what brands names come up... Look at companies like DC, Sundown, SSA, DD, Incriminator audio, and many more... Or for a budget look into Audiopipe, MB Quart, Dayton, or some of the other brands I mentioned as well have nice budget stuff...

Haha, you don't have to worry about that here. How about we start with a budget?
My budget is no more than $300 subs and amp. I want atleast 2 subs minumum 10' BUT if they are 10's they neeeeeeeeeeeeed to have the 35-45hz bassyyyy, or else I'll just stick with 12's

To be honest, I was looking for a used system on craigslist, but I mean with the low prices and the mostly high end nature of the products, I kind of thought that something just had to be wrong with the system to be priced that low. I'm not really the biggest fan of buying a used system, as any number of factors could contribute to why its being sold in the first place. Unless I'm wrong...

Think of investing maybe 100 or so for just the box, hit up someone here to make one, you'll want to pick your subs, get the box specs. ect. then you can get a box built for the woofers vs potentially damaging them with a box tuned to like 41-47hz. I'd still recommend those RE 10"s

Well. I was looking around and I came upon these:

HIFONICS HFi12D4 12-Inch 1200W Subwoofer

Quote from a builder "Let me just start by saying, am an audio enthusiast, and guru, i have had setups with 4 18"s on 15,000w, i have have super SQ oriented setups, and many, many others, and i will start by saying, these HFIs are hands down the best subs under $100 i have ever used. they are built nicely, they look great, and if you listen to any sort of hip-hop, these are the subs for you."

And they sell for $50 for 2!

Paired with this amp:

Audio Pipe Mini 1000 watt amp.

Thoughts?

The amp and sub seems to match pefectly. Wire down the subs to 2 ohms at 300 RMS and the AMP does 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms. Could it be possible that I could get a better sub and amp....for...dare I say it...LESS than the equipment I listed?

And its 1ohm 1000 watt stable! This is unreal!

you can pickup a skar audio sub.. gets low... get an audio pipe amp man.... ill post a new vid of a single 12 skar on 1k

im prolly under 400 with my setup

30 for box

140 for sub

amp i first had hifonics 600 watt 60.... amp now memphis pr1000.1 45 plus trade of my jensen 7" screen

hu now new on sonicelectronix 110

eclipse 4650 4chan amp for 55 i think

35 for bravox front speakers

u can get good eq cheap just check around.. and cl is usually stupid prices

You can get SKAR Audio VVX-12s that will fit nicely in that budget. I can get them for $140 a pop. Or if you wanna get loud I can get the 15's for 160 a pop. Just let me know man I can get you hooked up!

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

And also those amps are junk, if i were you i would check out sonic electronix get you a good hifonics amp for the money bud. Well worth it.

I really don't plan on spending more than $60 for a single sub. With that down I have came up with an awesome setup.

2 setups I am thinking of doing.

2 Hifonics HFX12D4 400 watt RMS DVC 12' at 2 ohms

Audiopipe mini 1000 at 2 ohms 600 watts RMS

300 watts going per sub 600 watts RMS total

#2 setup is going to tax my alternator since its running 1000RMS unless you think that my stock 80 amp alternator can manage 1000 watts RMS

2 HIFONICS ZRX12D4 12" 4 OHM 500 watt RMS DVC

Audiopipe mini 1000 at 1 ohm 1000 watt RMS.

500 watts going per sub 1000rms total

What do you guys think?

Or other suggestions based on my stipulations?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.