my pic post, with questions.

g0t-milk
10+ year member

I AM Teh Burgar KING!
ok here is where im grounded, is this an ok ground?

Picture005.jpg

this is my power wire. its 5GA into a fuse, then 2 8GA ports coming out of it. i used both wires and put them into my power spot on my amp

Picture004.jpg

my maw12, wired in paralell. i hope.. going for a 2ohm load. purple is NEG, clear is POS. the wires leading away from the sub are the ones that go to the amp. bad pic.. digi cam died.

Picture001.jpg

my 2 remaining amps. profile 400msx and a kicker 400.1 the kicker is amazing... when it works. im having some problems keeping the bass steady

Picture006-1.jpg

i just call her my future ex wife:

Picture003.jpg

because its a little bracket in the top of your trunk. You want something that goes to the frame. Many cars have a metal brace that runs behind the back seat along the floor. Might want to get some self-tapping screws and make your own ground in that area.

I learn from expert here that ground MOST be shinny and pure metal no paint on it, btw why that sub thosen't have a label?

I dunno why it doesn't have a label... thats just not how Mach 5 rolls I guess.

Anywho... definately ground to a place with more metal. Again, I recommend looking in the back of the trunk, near the back seat. You can usually drill around there without having to worry about hitting wires or the gas tank. But before you drill, !ALWAYS! check, recheck, and check again to make sure you're not going to hit anything.

thats a bad ground for a few reasons. the #1 reason in my book is because its bolted to a bracket that is painted and bolted to another part of the car. Skip a few connections and go straight to the body on the floor behind the seat, as jman said.

Oh, and what size wire do you have on those MAWs ?

arent you supposed to have fuses after the distro block, whenever the wire gets smaller?
good question i might just run the 5ga straight to the amp

the speaker wires are 16ga

sub doesnt have a label because it doesnt need one. it works fine without the chrome and fancy pictures

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.