My new front stage, what you think?

Are these in yet?

What are your thoughts?

Are you active, or passive, and if passive, what crossovers are you using?

I have a Bronco and enough room for these (without the rings and behind the stock door panels), and need to do a new front setup. I'm going to be passive.

Looked at the Anarchy, and they are $85 a piece on the website, so price is the same (other than that whole shipping thing). That Anarchy has INTENSE excursion!!!

Are these in yet?What are your thoughts?

Are you active, or passive, and if passive, what crossovers are you using?

I have a Bronco and enough room for these (without the rings and behind the stock door panels), and need to do a new front setup. I'm going to be passive.

Looked at the Anarchy, and they are $85 a piece on the website, so price is the same (other than that whole shipping thing). That Anarchy has INTENSE excursion!!!
I haven't had a chance to get them in yet, between work and constant bad weather, but I will have them in this weekend finally. I'm going to run active off of an Alpine 9887, my initial crossovers are going to be around 3.2khz and adjust from there. These mids can extend pretty high from looking at the frequency response curves on Zaphaudio. You could probably crossover above 4khz and still be ok as long as you used a steep slope. If you decide to get these or the Anarchys make sure you deaden and seal up your doors good to do them justice.

I ran them at 2.5 a while back and was very happy with them. If you can make sure you put them on-axis. They sound like a whole different tweeters when compared to off-axis.

i had them at 2.5. honestly its hard for me to give too much advice on the sound, i guess i just dont have the ear for it. from 2.5 to 3, not much of a noticeably difference for me. i like it lower so i can turn the mids up more for mid bass as im only doing a 2 way. when i have it at 3k, the mids are playing more, with them playing louder, sounds off.

a guy on diyma runs them down to like 2.3k and his mids at 2k and loves it and everyone says its a great sounding car

mine are off axis slightly, wish i could have them on axis, i hear they are even better

I keep forgetting to post a review... but here is my first impression on the mids. I forgot to factor in that I lose about an inch or so of depth when my windows are rolled down... so they don't roll down all the way down. Thats not too big of an issue though because they roll down most of the way and I plan to make some sealed door pods for these in the near future anyway. Ok so they are being powered by an old school Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix high passed at 50hz with a 24db slope and lowpassed at 3.2khz with a 6db slope. Well first off the midbass on these is just as I expected, very punchy with solid impact, at first the midbass was very weak but after they've started to break in it just gets better and better but I think they would even be alot better in some sealed pods. They handle power awesome and are quite power hungry, they're getting 100+ right now and don't even break a sweat. I have to say by far what I am enjoying the most and my biggest surprise is the midrange, extremely smooth and clear. I can turn them way up and they remain clean with no distortion. They play easily up to around 4khz. I'll post more once they've been completely broken in.

I keep forgetting to post a review... but here is my first impression on the mids. I forgot to factor in that I lose about an inch or so of depth when my windows are rolled down... so they don't roll down all the way down. Thats not too big of an issue though because they roll down most of the way and I plan to make some sealed door pods for these in the near future anyway. Ok so they are being powered by an old school Rockford Fosgate Punch 200ix high passed at 50hz with a 24db slope and lowpassed at 3.2khz with a 6db slope. Well first off the midbass on these is just as I expected, very punchy with solid impact, at first the midbass was very weak but after they've started to break in it just gets better and better but I think they would even be alot better in some sealed pods. They handle power awesome and are quite power hungry, they're getting 100+ right now and don't even break a sweat. I have to say by far what I am enjoying the most and my biggest surprise is the midrange, extremely smooth and clear. I can turn them way up and they remain clean with no distortion. They play easily up to around 4khz. I'll post more once they've been completely broken in.
Nice, and I figured they wouldnt fit. My door panels are very deep and with a 3/4" baffle I can maybe fit 3.5-3.75". Gotta roll the window down to test them! Lol. And yea, I read a review on the Anarchys and they said they really came to life in some pods, so I am assuming its the same for these.

Nice, and I figured they wouldnt fit. My door panels are very deep and with a 3/4" baffle I can maybe fit 3.5-3.75". Gotta roll the window down to test them! Lol. And yea, I read a review on the Anarchys and they said they really came to life in some pods, so I am assuming its the same for these.
Yea I got lucky though with my windows because the speakers mount really low in the doors so they roll down almost all the way. I really need to hear some anarchys so I could make a direct comparison

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.