My install's coming along nicely

I was pushin' my new auto audio system a little too hard last night I think and I've lost my sub and a lot off my 6x9s, all coming from the V9 amp! V9 amp still lights up, but no sub and puny 6x9 output too. :-( Too cold and windy out to get out and look very closely at it, but I'm thinking maybe I blew a fuse in the V9 amp itself!
And that's the problem with many fuses, when one blows finding it! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Probably a wiring problem, I dont see how you could blow a sub with 500 watts - some light bulbs use more power than that lol ? unhook the sub and see if it starts working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just type in "John Kuthe..." On Google and you'll see this isn't the only place. There's something wrong with him lol
:) I have a computer and the Internet and I know how to use it? ;-)

And I always use my real name? :) Proudly!

John Kuthe...

Second of the two. That's why they call him John Uncouthe haha
My fifth grade camp counselor was first to use that permutation of my last name when he called me Professor Uncouth because I had brought my own Tasco 1200x microscope for the pond water examining science stuff!

John Kuthe...

Agrees. Its a "What Not To Do For Dummies" kind of post. If you learn from his f*** ups then you will be better off
And yet it sounding so good! I was really enjoying the PHD comps! Their limiting loudness was when their speaker excursion contacting the plastic cover. But I was cranking music up to 35 as high as my Alpine HU would go. That's how I probably burnt out my subwoofer. I'm going to check it tomorrow.

John Kuthe...

when you had that guy fix your problems and setup your dsp did he say what maximum level to go to on the hu? did you change and bass or treble settings on the hu? according to most reviews ive read of that series of hu if everything is not set flat it can start clipping at 28 out of 35 on the volume scale

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from