My install's coming along nicely

he knows how a computer works "inside" yet he buys an overpriced MacBook and cant even setup boot camp and has to buy a ****** laptop (which he broke) to configure a computerized dsp which he couldn't do and had to pay a car stereo installer to do. lol

A big LOL....no more stereo for this guy.
Actually I have a very nice PHD comp front stage running just fine! Two of my Alpine 6x9s in the back which I can't hardly hear over the PHDs, plus no subwoofer. But what I have sounds pretty darned good!

John Kuthe...

Nobody cares about your "precious" system. You act like it's "god" beyond us. Your not special...oh wait yes you are. The fact that nobody cares and you overcomplicate simple things.

he knows how a computer works "inside" yet he buys an overpriced MacBook and cant even setup boot camp and has to buy a ****** laptop (which he broke) to configure a computerized dsp which he couldn't do and had to pay a car stereo installer to do. lol
You don't really have a very good mastery of the English language, eh? I bought a IYHO 'overpriced' MacBook Pro because I COULD and wanted a backup laptop PC with an Ethernet port to pacify Internet service providers when I'm trying to work with them to troubleshoot my house's Internet service connection. And do not WANT to install a Windows emulator program to it, just over complicate an already over complicated computer system! And I CHOSE to pay to have someone much more experienced person to set up and basically configure my stupidly complex Alpine DSP.

Thanks for your participation though! Have fun and be safe!

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm I don't recall you choosing to get that guy at the shop to fix your dsp. IIRC you nor craigslist could get it going and you had to. Its amazing you worked in IT and cant fade a script reader at your isp. lol

hmm I don't recall you choosing to get that guy at the shop to fix your dsp. IIRC you nor craigslist could get it going and you had to. Its amazing you worked in IT and cant fade a script reader at your isp. lol
I got "Tim" at Custom Sounds to configure my DSP so it would allow the signals to get through it to my amplifiers. In checking my system over Tim also incorrectly diagnosed my passenger door 12AWG speaker wire as "shorted" with a DC resistance at the amp end he reported as 0.3 Ohms which when I examined my system I found was an incorrect diagnosis. I pulled the stupid little Alpine plug off that speaker wire at the amp end, measured directly ON THE WIRES and got a reading of 4.00 Ohms! Furthermore Tim evidently cannot get a good VOM reading off those stupid little Apine plugs either (I can't!) and had unplugged that speaker wire from my V9 amp to then configure my DSP and when I plugged that speaker wire back into my V9 amp it worked FINE! And yes my "installer guy" could not get my DSP to work at all, but I didn't expect him to be able to either because that's not something he does. He's more into installing big stupidly loud bass systems in cars, and he DID do a great job in working WITH me to get my system hardware installed very nicely.

If you're going to comment on my audio system, please try and get my story straight! And if you are going to comment on me: F U C K YOU! I don't care!

John Kuthe...

Is this the longest ongoing thread in caraudio history? I keep seeing it pop up in the recent threads but I haven't gone through and read it all.

What's up with this thread? Either John Kuthe is working on one monster of an install or he is lost. Which one is it?

cool-story-bro_o_2285745.jpg

Is this the longest ongoing thread in caraudio history? I keep seeing it pop up in the recent threads but I haven't gone through and read it all.
What's up with this thread? Either John Kuthe is working on one monster of an install or he is lost. Which one is it?
A little of both. And LOTS of ego testosterone driven C R A P which has nothing to do with Caraudio.

And it's not that much of a monster install to anyone else except me. Stuff I'm installing is all listed in my sig file which I have yet to update with the fact that I killed my Alpine SWR-t12 low profile sub driver and am replacing it with a JL Audio low profile sub driver, soon!

John Kuthe...

It's so long because we are all making fun of this clown and his crappy system. If you want a good laugh and want to learn how not to install a system give this and his many other threads about the same subject a read. If you value your time and sanity, don't bother.

I got "Tim" at Custom Sounds to configure my DSP so it would allow the signals to get through it to my amplifiers. In checking my system over Tim also incorrectly diagnosed my passenger door 12AWG speaker wire as "shorted" with a DC resistance at the amp end he reported as 0.3 Ohms which when I examined my system I found was an incorrect diagnosis. I pulled the stupid little Alpine plug off that speaker wire at the amp end, measured directly ON THE WIRES and got a reading of 4.00 Ohms! Furthermore Tim evidently cannot get a good VOM reading off those stupid little Apine plugs either (I can't!) and had unplugged that speaker wire from my V9 amp to then configure my DSP and when I plugged that speaker wire back into my V9 amp it worked FINE! And yes my "installer guy" could not get my DSP to work at all, but I didn't expect him to be able to either because that's not something he does. He's more into installing big stupidly loud bass systems in cars, and he DID do a great job in working WITH me to get my system hardware installed very nicely.
If you're going to comment on my audio system, please try and get my story straight! And if you are going to comment on me: F U C K YOU! I don't care!

John Kuthe...
from what you just typed it sounds exactly like my story was correct lol

you and craigslist couldn't get it working so you were forced to take it to tim

lmao

from what you just typed it sounds exactly like my story was correct lol
you and craigslist couldn't get it working so you were forced to take it to tim

lmao
OK, when you put it that way, it's basically correct. Except when you used the word "forced". The way THAT particular transaction was initiated was when my Craigslist "installer guy" could not easily get my DSP to even allow an audio signal to my amps, my "installer guy" as I call him called a Custom Sounds here in STL and found one with a tech employee experienced at DSP configuration, which is where I had a Custom Sounds employee named Tim work on my system to get it minimally functional, which Tim did. I CHOSE to, was not "forced" to! And Tim got actual sound signals to pass through my DSP to my amps! Yay! Baby steps!

And I still have no idea what this means that you typed "Its amazing you worked in IT and cant fade a script reader at your isp."

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from