My install's coming along nicely

And I JUST picked up Baby II from Custom Sounds and she ROCKS!!

Tim there found a short (0.3 Ohms measured) in the speaker wire run to the passenger door 6x9 so he just unplugged it from the amp, tuned my weird system for the best he could get out of it...

...AND SHE ROCKS!! I'll tell ya, that 12" subwoofer really shakes it at low tones! :) And the PHDs and their tweeters up on top of the dash (tweeters low on the A-frames) SOUND GOOD! :) And I've got 3 of my 4 6x9's so she's rockin'!

Can't wait to get everything straightened out and make Baby II sound EVEN BETTER!! But she sounds "gud enuf" for now! Finally! And in time for Christmas! :)

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
And I JUST picked up Baby II from Custom Sounds and she ROCKS!!
Tim there found a short (0.3 Ohms measured) in the speaker wire run to the passenger door 6x9 so he just unplugged it from the amp, tuned my weird system for the best he could get out of it...

...AND SHE ROCKS!! I'll tell ya, that 12" subwoofer really shakes it at low tones! :) And the PHDs and their tweeters up on top of the dash (tweeters low on the A-frames) SOUND GOOD! :) And I've got 3 of my 4 6x9's so she's rockin'!

Can't wait to get everything straightened out and make Baby II sound EVEN BETTER!! But she sounds "gud enuf" for now! Finally! And in time for Christmas! :)

John Kuthe...
Probably sounds like a big turd

[emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90] [emoji90]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bahahaha!!

And had a short in it. Your an electrical engineer and you couldn't figure that out??
I will measure it at my installer guy's house soon. I emailed him I'd contact him after the Holidays: Christmas through New Years. He will fix it, I'm sure.

John Kuthe...

I don't know if you've ever heard a nice setup, but your supposed to feel and hear the sub. saying it shakes makes it seem like you only notice it when your car starts rattling from lower frequencies.

And Baby II just passed the Miles Davis "******* Brew" test on the new audio system! HO LE FK YES!!

Some limitations, I've got to get the lower mid bass frequencies off the PHD 5.25 drivers because they will try to reproduce them possibly leading to driver damage! And the PHD tweeters ROCK!! And the sub DEFINITELY helps!!! "Feio" never sounded better! I definitely wanna go full active and band limit the signal going to the 5.25s at 200Hz! And the 6x9s at 50Hz, leave the really low stuff for the subwoofer! What should I band limit my tweeters to?

I'm a happy camper! I finally have an audio system I can turn up so high it may damage my speakers! Have to stay away from that!

John Kuthe...

I don't know if you've ever heard a nice setup, but your supposed to feel and hear the sub. saying it shakes makes it seem like you only notice it when your car starts rattling from lower frequencies.
We sound deadened the fk out of Baby II, she doesn't vibrate much. Yeah I feel it! Vibrates my rear view nicely too!

John Kuthe...

Some limitations, I've got to get the lower mid bass frequencies off the PHD 5.25 drivers because they will try to reproduce them possibly leading to driver damage!
The PHD are the ones you are actually running active ?

don't tell me you haven't set the X-over point before cranking this sh*t all up ?!

Good for you if you're happy with your system, that's the most important.

Anyway, one dude's turd is another one's piece of gold ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

The PHD are the ones you are actually running active ?
don't tell me you haven't set the X-over point before cranking this sh*t all up ?!
It's running passive right now, PHD passive crossovers right now for the PHD comps. And those PHD comps defintely are the bright spot in my front stage! Gonna be much better when I amp them all individually and go full active EQ! But for right now while running passive the first order of fix-it is to cut holes in the plastic dash cover as the 5.25" drivers now can excurse far enough to interfere with the plastic cover. Gonna have installer guy cut out openings in the plastic cover for the 5.25" drivers, that will cure THAT little problem! And those PHD 5.1 AF 5.25" comps are defintely the stars of my front stage! I am so glad I sprang for their outrageous $650 price tag!

John Kuthe...

Good for you if you're happy with your system, that's the most important.
Anyway, one dude's turd is another one's piece of gold ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Yes, my system definitely needs some tuning, but it's infinitely better than it ever has been so far. Because now it finally WORKS!! Well! Best "on the block""? No, maybe not, not yet, but it WORKS! It's loud, clear and I can hear the majic coming through!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from