My install's coming along nicely

No kidding hey?! All he needed was a simple 2 way crossover. Probably has one in his head unit and in his Amps too. I wouldn't be surprised if he could go "full three way active eq", lol, with his 5 channel. I ran three way active for a couple years with my audison 5.1k.
Plans are to use my Alpine PXA-H800's eight RCA outputs to run my eight NON sub drivers and run my RCA sub output from my HU directly into the sub inputs off my Alpine PDX-V9 amp, bypassing the DSP for the sub. Full active! Except for my sub.

John Kuthe...

Plans are to use my Alpine PXA-H800's eight RCA outputs to run my eight NON sub drivers and run my RCA sub output from my HU directly into the sub inputs off my Alpine PDX-V9 amp, bypassing the DSP for the sub. Full active! Except for my sub.
John Kuthe...
The sub must be part of it. It will need EQ

John Kuthe...
Do you even know what active even effen means! Your sub will still be active! Lol. So your not going to be utilizing any of the dsp's capabilities but you still plan on running the signal through the dsp? I wish I could slap you through the internet you foolish man child. And your 6 by 9's and going to be running off the dsp? I'm sure that will help. Lol

John Kuthe...
So why isnt it running "FULL ACTIVE" now ? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of having a DSP ? Or is it just for looks ?

Oooh, edited your post to be even MORE Evil!! :-( While you hide behind a made up Internet sock puppet moniker and spew your EVIL here!! Would you not feel so "wonderful" about yourself if I was on the brink and actually DID kill myself, just because of what YOU said to me here? Know much about mental health disorders? I do, I;m a registered nurse, an RN! Your medical training? ;-)
John Kuthe...
it would not bother me one bit..

please, please do it.

You see where this is going right? Everything you have been told is coming true. You are slowly changing your system, one expensive mistake at a time, to the way we recommended at the start, 9600 pages ago. Keep saying "no that's not a he way it's done" and then get prepared to do it that way because, yes, that's the way it's done. Deny it some more. I know you like to learn things the hard way but that's a paradox because you should eventually learn that learning things the hard way, is the hard way, and stop doing it. Your just a stubborn know it all. But you don't know squat.

I was going to get a DSP for my system but I didnt know I will have to get passive crossovers ? lol !! That and the fact I dont want to have to go to" Tims stereo shop "every time I want to turn it on ! ha ha lol thats the funniest thing stereo wise I have ever heard ! I just reread this whole thread over last night and man, its funnier the second time through.

John Kuthe...
Running your system this way you will retain subwoofer level control right from the HU (you won't need the remote for the V9 sub channel and I would suggest you NOT use it because it adds an unnecessary component in the signal path that is redundant), you will also retain the EQing abilities of your HU…In theory if you stick to adjusting the freq's within the subwoofer region (at the HU) you'll have no problem shaping the subwoofer response…depending on the model of your Alpine HU you may also subwoofer TA adjustment.

Your HU may not have as flexible of tools as the DSP…but it certainly has some you can use.

Suggestions for channel usage and freq ranges (to start) would be:

CH 1&2 tweeters 4000hz HP

CH 3&4 5.25's 200/250hz-4000hz BP

CH 5&6 front 6x9's 60hz-200/250hz BP

CH 7&8 rear 6x9's 60hz HP (no LP)

Sub CH 70/80hz LP

Start with all crossover slopes @24db

This will give you a 3-way front, basically full range (60hz and up) rears for rear fill, and dedicated sub.

EQ and TA as you like.

not enough delay could be added to get those long frequency wavelengths to not make it apparent in the music that something is off-time anyway. only sub positioning can cure.

not enough delay could be added to get those long frequency wavelengths to not make it apparent in the music that something is off-time anyway. only sub positioning can cure.
Midbass blending. If a sub stage is to hot over midbass it don't matter where it's at. Even upfront.

I have the money and read a lot of great things about DSPs. I will figure it out, not with the tremendous help of Alpine's documentation which keeps delving into c rap I don't have, want or need! Like all your stinking cell phones AINet and junk like that!
John Kuthe...
Laughable. When have you ever figured out something entirely on your own?

You mean....pay someone else to figure it out for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from