My install's coming along nicely

16215536_1425353660840507_237498258_n.jpg
OHHHHH JESSSSSSS ! Cant wait to see this come together ! Its what I want but cant fit !

Glad I don't have any of those huge wooden boxes in Baby II! Just one 12" JL Audio slim line sub in a 7 ply birch plywood sealed box in the Stow-n-Go pit behind the driver's seat! Super stealth system! Only non-stock thing are the little 1" tweets sticking out from the bottom of her A-pillars!

16179516_1263736630353481_8590298543657047577_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

Glad I don't have any of those huge wooden boxes in Baby II! Just one 12" JL Audio slim line sub in a 7 ply birch plywood sealed box in the Stow-n-Go pit behind the driver's seat! Super stealth system! Only non-stock thing are the little 1" tweets sticking out from the bottom of her A-pillars!
16179516_1263736630353481_8590298543657047577_o.jpg

John Kuthe...
Did you ever figure out how to turn it on ?

Did you ever figure out how to turn it on ?
Yep, apparently and evidently when the DSP is configured it turns on with the HU. Undocumented feature!

I was listening to my system listening to Offspring at 25 (pushing a little distortion) the song "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" and it KICKED!! I love that sub!! I'm so glad I had it wired for 2 Ohms! I was thinking 8 Ohms to minimize the bass response but I have a bass control knob now too, so... And I generally keep it up all or most of the way! :)

John Kuthe...

Why would you wire at 8 ohms ? Isn't it rated at 4 or 5 hundred watts at 2 ohms it won't see that much on that amp .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking of having my replacement JL Audio sub wired that way to decrease the bass response. But one of the salesmen at Custom Sounds suggested against that and in favor of putting both 4 Ohm voice coils in parallel and I decided to go with that for a final resistance of 2 Ohms and with the results I'm very glad I decided on that!

John Kuthe...

Why get a sub if you don't want too much bass response? You have the dsp. Why not just do a 3 way with 8s or 10s in the doors.
I wanted the sub for the very low bass response, and it's working pretty well, even with my Stow-n-Go compartments closed! My car audio system is not at all finished yet (who's is? ;-) ), but I've achieved a pretty good performance level finally! And I'm pretty happy about that! And my DSP is idling in what I call "pass thru mode", finally! At least allowing the d am n RCA audio signals to my amplifiers!

John Kuthe...

what made you get the dsp to begin with? Its a high level tuning processor that you will never read up on and figure out, so what was the motivation to purchase it at all?

what made you get the dsp to begin with? Its a high level tuning processor that you will never read up on and figure out, so what was the motivation to purchase it at all?

No kidding hey?! All he needed was a simple 2 way crossover. Probably has one in his head unit and in his Amps too. I wouldn't be surprised if he could go "full three way active eq", lol, with his 5 channel. I ran three way active for a couple years with my audison 5.1k.

I have the money and read a lot of great things about DSPs. I will figure it out, not with the tremendous help of Alpine's documentation which keeps delving into c rap I don't have, want or need! Like all your stinking cell phones AINet and junk like that!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from