My install's coming along nicely

Cry me a river John. You did. It's up to you if you wanna go back and re-read what you typed.
And...since you keep bringing up the fact that your calling me a liar, I'm gonna do the same to you saying you have an EE which you do not, otherwise you wouldn't need another "person" to install simple audio for you.
EVIDENCE when and where I called anyone here an "amateur". I double dog dare ya! Liar!!

John Kuthe...

If you ever handled cast aluminum you'd KNOW this speaker grill IS!
And I really don't care WHAT you think. LIAR!! :-(

John Kuthe...
I'm a machinist. I work with a lot of aluminum. Pretty sure I know what aluminum and cast aluminum (which is sanded type finish) is. I'm no dummy like some people on here jacknugget.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

EVIDENCE when and where I called anyone here an "amateur". I double dog dare ya! Liar!!
John Kuthe...
You don't know when to give up do ya? LIAR LIAR pant's on fire.

I'm a machinist. I work with a lot of aluminum. Pretty sure I know what aluminum and cast aluminum (which is sanded type finish) is. I'm no dummy like some people on here jacknugget. 

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

You don't know when to give up do ya? LIAR LIAR pant's on fire.
If I placed this Kicker Grill in your hands, you would immediately know it's cast aluminum. The lightness, the feel, the way it reacts when tapped on a hard surface, etc. And I'm also sure this is cast aluminum because I HAVE sand cast aluminum, way back in metal shop in Jr High!

Liar! Where's my cited evidence? Ohm, and I'm sorry, confabulated evidence is not acceptable!

John Kuthe...

Yes I did! When trying to track down the source of the weird amp overheating while not being driven! I was testing the ground we'd selected to use against a 2AWG jumper cable clipped to the neg battery post. Used a VOM and measured very negligible Ohms.
Other than that just plugging equipment together as installer guy and I both know it should be connected. The wiring diagrams in the equipment manuals are not terribly complex! I;m gonna get a pic if it and show everyone here, or stand to be corrected and installer guy and I will have learned!

John Kuthe...
Ok as expected it's mostly meaningless nonsense. I don't give a **** who did what about a ground I want to know if you took the 10 seconds to check the voltages necessary for it to turn on

Ok as expected it's mostly meaningless nonsense. I don't give a **** who did what about a ground I want to know if you took the 10 seconds to check the voltages necessary for it to turn on
Everything powered on fine, and off again too!

We have not had the speakers connected yet. The four Alpine SPR-69 and subwoofer off the Alpine PDX-V9 and the two PHDs and tweeters run on an Alpine PDR-V75. Coming next week! After we get the 5.25" dash speaker mount problem fixed:)

John Kuthe...

15326289_1210630902330721_7067269278545857005_o.jpg

I like this!

Started as this:

15235359_1210657475661397_8486276245083407284_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

How are those drivers mounted to the door? Are those self tapping screws holding them in?

Also did you put a gasket between the driver and the door as it does not look like you have one in the picture?

*edit* it looks like you have some weather striping there, it that what you used?

How are those drivers mounted to the door? Are those self tapping screws holding them in?
Two are Chrysler sheet metal screws into metal clips in very thin door sheet metal and two are 6-32 Riv nuts I installed in the thick enough Chrysler door sheet metal:

15259580_1210718135655331_4301704398460525795_o.jpg

Also did you put a gasket between the driver and the door as it does not look like you have one in the picture
Gasket is the Boom Mat material evident in the pic, Dense foam rubber sheet, great gasket material!

*edit* it looks like you have some weather striping there, it that what you used?
BQuiet sound deadener.

Al;so thin steel sheetmetal hole patches stuck on with 1/16 inch double sticky foam then really nailed on with self tappers! Here's one of the small holes just above the 6x9:

15272033_1210686715658473_5943443574964973345_o.jpg

pic!

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
If I placed this Kicker Grill in your hands, you would immediately know it's cast aluminum. The lightness, the feel, the way it reacts when tapped on a hard surface, etc. And I'm also sure this is cast aluminum because I HAVE sand cast aluminum, way back in metal shop in Jr High!
Liar! Where's my cited evidence? Ohm, and I'm sorry, confabulated evidence is not acceptable!

John Kuthe...

There you go again with the past BS. I don't care what you did back in Jr. high, high school, in the streets, messed with car audio in your teen years,....whatever.

You still can't install an amp on your own.

You want evidence, go track your own dam thread. I'm not gonna do it for you. Oh wait...why not hire someone off craigslist to track down where you said you called us amateurs. Bet that guy wouldn't mind making some $$ off you.

Also did you put a gasket between the driver and the door as it does not look like you have one in the picture?

I can tell ya my wife's van had simple small phillips head machine tap screws. 4 of of course. Speaker itself is easily removeable.

I can tell ya my wife's van had simple small phillips head machine tap screws. 4 of of course. Speaker itself is easily removeable.
Bah! Sheet metal screws and self tappers are for SINGLE USE! I put RivNuts in where I could to mount things, like all four holes for the rear 6x9's and two on the front door ones because Chrysler made the inner door panels out of two different grades of sheet metal, one too thin and prepunched for Chrysler's little snap in metal clips to make sheet metal screw threads. The RivNuts I used yields a 6-32 machine screw thread, very removable and replaceable many times!

15272061_1211272038933274_6839633613619712515_o.jpg

John Kuthe...

There you go again with the past BS. I don't care what you did back in Jr. high, high school, in the streets, messed with car audio in your teen years,....whatever.
You still can't install an amp on your own.

You want evidence, go track your own dam thread. I'm not gonna do it for you. Oh wait...why not hire someone off craigslist to track down where you said you called us amateurs. Bet that guy wouldn't mind making some $$ off you.
Can't cite me the EVIDENCE because IT DOES NOT EXIST!!

LIAR!

John Kuthe...

Can't cite me the EVIDENCE because IT DOES NOT EXIST!!
LIAR!

John Kuthe...
People here have told me lots of JUNK! Lots of belligerent ego junk and little substantive facts.
John Kuthe...
This is why your a assclown. There has been a lot of good people giving really good advice and you say its junk. And proves you know nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

This is why your a assclown. There has been a lot of good people giving really good advice and you say its junk. And proves you know nothing.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Is that why I sound deadening my doors like this?

15326289_1210630902330721_7067269278545857005_o.jpg

Better than most I might say! And I got a LOT of good hints here, and elsewhere too! Like the Youtube of an evidently "sponsored by Second Skin" guy doing a fancy whiz bang job at sound deadening a car door, using fancy router tables, etc. to make all the parts perfect! I figured I could do almost as good a job on the cheap STS and I think I/we (including my installer guy!) did!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from