My install's coming along nicely

Because I was answering back you lunatic.
Clearly, you don't understand how to properly install 3 amps, a dsp, and a sub. I've been in the car audio game since the early 90's I know a lot more than your so called EE sorry *** that you claim to be or was...
OK Mr Practical experience, are you familiar with convolution, the difference between a Fourier Transform and Laplace Transform, Dirac delta function, things like a etc. You know, the stuff real Electrical Engineer degree holders had to learn to earn their degree(s)? And do you design and build all your own car audio equipment or do you BUY things others have? ;-)

Yeah, I didn't think so.

John Kuthe...

OK Mr Practical experience, are you familiar with convolution, the difference between a Fourier Transform and Laplace Transform, things like a Thevenin "black box", etc. You know, the stuff real Electrical Engineer degree holders had to learn to earn their degree(s)? And do you design and build all your own car audio equipment or do you BUY things others have? ;-)
Yeah, I didn't think so.

John Kuthe...
No...there's no reason for me to know it and isn't part of my job. IF I was an EE then I would and should know it. This is a car audio forum. Stick to the subject please. Your comebacks are not only lame but way off.

No...there's no reason for me to know it and isn't part of my job. IF I was an EE then I would and should know it. This is a car audio forum. Stick to the subject please. Your comebacks are not only lame but way off.
If you earned a degree in Electrical Engineering, you'd know. You have no idea the depth and extent of my knowledge about all things electric/electronic. Computers too, don't forget about my Computer Science degree! How many computer languages have you programmed in? Familiar with recursion? I write a command line program for a software package the company I wa cooping at which emulated perfectly a DOS wildcarding function using tail end recursion.

John Kuthe...

If you earned a degree in Electrical Engineering, you'd know. You have no idea the depth and extent of my knowledge about all things electric/electronic. Computers too, don't forget about my Computer Science degree! How many computer languages have you programmed in? Familiar with recursion? I write a command line program for a software package the company I wa cooping at which emulated perfectly a DOS wildcarding function using tail end recursion.
John Kuthe...

You may know all that but still can't install an amp.

It won't be.

Unless he did some fiberglass ****** custom sub enclosure and pods, then and only then I might be impressed. Of course done by him. No one else.

Those who have degrees....would also know how to troubleshoot and this is a perfect example of him not knowing. LIAR for sure.

No, not always! For example, since my installer guy and I work only on Tues, Wed and Thurs 10AMish to 4PMish OUTSIDE, there are some pretty stringent restrictions NOT of my particular personal choosing. And this Tues-Thurs in St Louis is looking to be really yucky weatherwise! Rain, cold, some first snow and ice in the forecast.
John Kuthe...
Wait, what????

You have spent 18 hours a week on this install for over 2 months????????

NO ****** WAY!!!!!

You are saying that you have 144 hours into that????

Everything you have shown could be done in a full day.

Your install is so ****** basic and you do not even realize that.

John Kuthe...
Who gives a sh*t ?! it's about properly wiring equipments together, optimal positioning etc....your EE degree won't help you in any way if you can't figure how to wire remote-in and out. If you were a real EE, you would have what we call an analytical mind. Before ordering those fancy purple RCAs, connect all 6 preout to your DSP, run a pair of 6x9 with the passive crossovers etc.... you would have done a little research, you would have asked people around you about how to do it, you would have gathered all informations, screen them and proceed afterward.

Engineers don't know everything, i work with about 100 different engineers every year and i can tell you that most of the time what they DO know is the theoretical aspect of things. Most of them are not worth **** at practical, they keep challenging contractors about how stuff must be done and they don't know SH*T about it, just like you, John, do everywhere on this forum.

Real engineers accept that they don't know everything and they will find a way to learn by relying on other fellaz' experiences. ( microphone drops ) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
...Everything you have shown could be done in a full day.

Your install is so ****** basic and you do not even realize that.
In a perfect world maybe. Like climate controlled, everything on hand, etc. Never having to wait on mail ordered equipment, never having to learn the quirks of the vehicle, always having an experienced dedicated laborer, never making mid-project design changes, etc. Yes my installer guy even realised some time ago in this project it is taking far too long which is why I switched to pay him additionally weekly PLUS the verbal contract we'd agreed to weeks ago just to keep his enthusiasm and willingness up to do his best work for me. Plus all the "tips" I'm giving him, just because I can.

Yeah, we both want this project to be finished ASAP and of course the weather in SL has to take a nose dove this week into COLD! Yuck! :-(

John Kuthe...

so you wrote batch files? I wouldn't call myself a programmer and I've written thousands of batch files.
I've written batch files, C programs, ADA programs, assembler programs, microcode, many different computer languages, lots of stuff! I know how computers wort on the INSIDE!! Not really that special, they are just dumb electronic boxes that do pretty much whatever you tell them to.

John Kuthe...

OK Mr Practical experience, are you familiar with convolution, the difference between a Fourier Transform and Laplace Transform, Dirac delta function, things like a etc. You know, the stuff real Electrical Engineer degree holders had to learn to earn their degree(s)?
Say you have a sphere of radius, r. It's surface is held at a potential given by V(0)*cos(3*Theta). What's the electric potential at distance, d, from the surface?

I've written batch files, C programs, ADA programs, assembler programs, microcode, many different computer languages, lots of stuff! I know how computers wort on the INSIDE!! Not really that special, they are just dumb electronic boxes that do pretty much whatever you tell them to.
John Kuthe...

What type of data structure would you associate with the following function?

void John::Kuthe(char type, double time, char* description, int num, double atime)

{

eventNotice* newEvent;

newEvent = new eventNotice();

newEvent->type = type;

newEvent->time = time;

strcpy_s(newEvent->description, description);

newEvent->truck_number = num;

newEvent->arrival_time = atime;

newEvent->m_pPrev = NULL;

newEvent->m_pNext = NULL;

eventNotice* temp = m_pHead;

if ((m_pHead == NULL) && (m_pTail == NULL))

{

m_pHead = newEvent;

m_pTail = newEvent;

printInsert(type, time, description,num,atime);

return;

}

while (temp != NULL)

{

if (newEvent->time > temp->time)

{

if (m_pTail == temp)

{

newEvent->m_pPrev = m_pTail;

m_pTail->m_pNext = newEvent;

m_pTail = newEvent;

printInsert(type, time, description, num,atime);

return;

}

else

temp=temp->m_pNext;

}

else if (newEvent->time time)

{

if (temp == m_pHead)

{

m_pHead = newEvent;

newEvent->m_pNext = temp;

temp->m_pPrev = newEvent;

}

else

{

newEvent->m_pPrev = temp->m_pPrev;

temp->m_pPrev->m_pNext = newEvent;

}

return;

}

else if (newEvent->time == temp->time)

{

if (newEvent->type == temp->type)

{

newEvent->m_pNext = temp->m_pNext;

newEvent->m_pPrev = temp;

temp->m_pNext = newEvent;

if (newEvent->m_pNext == NULL)

m_pTail = newEvent;

else

newEvent->m_pNext->m_pPrev = newEvent;

return;

}

if (newEvent->type == 'D')

{

if (temp == m_pHead)

{

m_pHead = newEvent;

}

newEvent->m_pPrev = temp->m_pPrev;

printFEL(m_pHead);

return;

}

else

{

if (m_pTail == temp)

m_pTail = newEvent;

newEvent->m_pNext = temp->m_pNext;

newEvent->m_pPrev = temp;

temp->m_pNext = newEvent;

printInsert(type, time, description, num,atime);

return;

}

}

else

{

outFile

}

}

}

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from