My install's coming along nicely

Well. Boomin_tahoe is pissed at me because I busted him for LYING!! So he will never have anything nice to say about anything to do with me or my system.
John Kuthe...
No you didn't bust me. However, your visiting new posts/threads with new members giving bad advice of which you have no idea what your talking about, know what your doing, and hired someone from CL to do the work for you. And.................to top it all off, you claim to be a nurse and EE. Oh let's not forget you also claim to have messed with car audio some 20 years ago but can't figure out how to install the simplist amps and a sub.

And I'm the liar. Who do you think this board is gonna believe the most? Me or you?

Chrysler, that's who!
John Kuthe...
No **** Sherlock.

Actually....my wife's old minivan had that same exact door design.....6x9 in the bottom corner. I had just replaced the window regulator just before her accident. That regulator was a p.i.t.a. to replace.

No **** Sherlock.
Actually....my wife's old minivan had that same exact door design.....6x9 in the bottom corner. I had just replaced the window regulator just before her accident. That regulator was a p.i.t.a. to replace.
Well, you ASKED!

John Kuthe...

Well Installer Guy got almost all the Luxury Liner Pro installed so we are gonna call this gud enuf! Four doors and behind the rear 6x9s!

15304465_1210319672361844_5591831678536492852_o.jpg

Plus got the subwoofer plugged in and in a cast aluminum cage:

15304441_1210319842361827_6507103767384838512_o.jpg

Thank you to whomever here on CarAudio.com suggesterd a 15" speaker grill for my Alpine 12 inch sub! Kicker cast aluminum subwoofer cage! Fits PERFECT! 1/4 inch clearance when the lids are closed! I could not be happier will certainly avert cone damage from the errant elbow, knee or heaven forbid BUTT CHEEK! And the cast aluminum cage is crazy strong, you could probably stand on it! ;-)

John Kuthe...

[quote name='NSTALN']The individual blue/white wires on the PXA will be labelled as 'rem in' and 'rem out'…if 'Installer guy' has removed the labels then you'll have to test and see which is which…since you're connected to let's call it blue/white-A and it's not working…try connecting it to blue/white-B…..pretty simple. I'm not about to remove the heatshirnk on my PXA's wire harness to confirm the pin-out for you.

To test for this (since installer guy doesn't seem to know how to) is to apply 12volts to blue/white A or B and if it's the 'input' (rem-in) then 12 volts should then appear on the UNCONNECTED blue/white (rem-out)

The rem-out will be the output from a relay so it's ok to apply 12volts to the rem-out while testing because it is the dead pole of the relay. As an EE you should understand how a relay works.[/QUOTE]

He hasn't even put two ******* probes on one wire yet has he? @JohnKuthe does this not make you feel complacent? if you're an ee...forget it

Is there a reason it's not symmetrical with the sub?..
Maximize enclosure volume. I designed for 18"x18"x7" external dimensions and installer guy suggested and I agreed to make it an inch thinner at 18"x18"x6" and the sub is actually perfectly symmetrical in the enclosure, right in the center!

Good thing we made it thinner because this fits with the lids closed with 1/4 inch clearance over this:

John Kuthe...

[quote name='wew lad']He hasn't even put two ******* probes on one wire yet has he? @JohnKuthe does this not make you feel complacent? if you're an ee...forget it[/QUOTE]

Yes I did! When trying to track down the source of the weird amp overheating while not being driven! I was testing the ground we'd selected to use against a 2AWG jumper cable clipped to the neg battery post. Used a VOM and measured very negligible Ohms.

Other than that just plugging equipment together as installer guy and I both know it should be connected. The wiring diagrams in the equipment manuals are not terribly complex! I;m gonna get a pic if it and show everyone here, or stand to be corrected and installer guy and I will have learned!

John Kuthe...

He means why is the speaker grill so half assed installed on the speaker, it is not even at all and looks like ****. Why not cover the top plate in speaker carpet? It would make it look more 'professional"

He means why is the speaker grill so half assed installed on the speaker, it is not even at all and looks like ****. Why not cover the top plate in speaker carpet? It would make it look more 'professional"
I like the bare wood look! Function over form! I don't WANT to looks like everyone else's installs either! I'm a weirdo, remember? I mean, you got the purple RCAs right? If I was gonna choose colors and finished for everything there'd be a LOT of pink and purple in this install!

And for some reason these speaker grills have little feet on them at the mounting points, eight of 'em! And installer guy didn't screw down the mounting screws tight enough to push these little feet things into the birch plywood but just tighten them enough to be ON THERE GOOD! So they sit up about 1/8 inch-ish! But they are ON THERE, believe me! You could walk on those they are so strong!

John Kutrh...

Maximize enclosure volume. I designed for 18"x18"x7" external dimensions and installer guy suggested and I agreed to make it an inch thinner at 18"x18"x6" and the sub is actually perfectly symmetrical in the enclosure, right in the center!
Good thing we made it thinner because this fits with the lids closed with 1/4 inch clearance over this:

John Kuthe...
Have either you or Installer-guy given any thought to cone excursion? That grill looks pretty flush to the top to the subwoofer frame…that sub has a 15mm excursion…which may extend beyond the frame….

Yes, I checked the specs on the SWR-t12 specs, Alpine says 55mm max peak to peak excursion and I'm only driving it with 500 watts so I don't think I will ever drive it that hard. I'm sure it will be fine. And there's actually about 1/2 to 3/4 inch from the resting speaker cone to the grill so I'm not worried.

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
BS!! Yes I did! You typed and posted here that I called anyone here "amateurs"when I NEVER did! Therefore YOU lied! QED!!
John Kuthe...
Cry me a river John. You did. It's up to you if you wanna go back and re-read what you typed.

And...since you keep bringing up the fact that your calling me a liar, I'm gonna do the same to you saying you have an EE which you do not, otherwise you wouldn't need another "person" to install simple audio for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from