My install's coming along nicely

9ft9j8.jpg

Are you going to paint that grille purple to match your purple RCA's lol

The village called. They want their idiot back. Where's John?

The end is in sight! I emailed installer guy this list:

Things left to do on ther audio install 11-24-16:

Do ANY/ALL remaing feasible sooundproofing with BQuiet, maybe even LL too!

Top of dash:

1. Fix driver's speaker mount. I like JBWeld a lot, and we will shop for adhesives, and collaborate on the best fix. Thanks! :)

2. Install BQuiet and Luxury Liner up there where at all possible, everywhere possible. I love the way LL gives a rear wave absorbency and consequently better speaker sound.

3. Mount/Wire 5.25" drivers with 12AWG new speaker wires.

4. Mount and wire tweeters.

Doors:

1. I will cut the hole patches for above the 6x9s and we made a good team with you manning your portable drill to run those self tapers in while I held the patch with that sticky tape and voila we were done! :)

2. Clean inside door sheet metal with alcohol and apply BQuiet panel deadener and Luxury Liner Pro everywhere as possible, full door sheet of LL one piece maybe??

Subwoofer:

(optional): Remove 12" driver (easier sanding), fill screw holes with wood filler, sand entire sub box smoothe and squareish.

1. Seal the wire hole with sealer I have.

2. Glue carpet to sub pit interior then glue sub in place.

System startup:

1. Switch 6x9s to 12AWG wires

2. Plug in subwoofer.

3. Setup/tune DSP...

4. Lock HU display for MP3 file name, or better info.

John Kuthe...

…and wire the remote turn-on wire correctly…and remove unused purple RCA's….and...
10 bucks says he'll just leave them there. "For future add on's" I'll bet he'll say.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

The end is in sight! I emailed installer guy this list:
Things left to do on ther audio install 11-24-16:

Do ANY/ALL remaing feasible sooundproofing with BQuiet, maybe even LL too!

Top of dash:

1. Fix driver's speaker mount. I like JBWeld a lot, and we will shop for adhesives, and collaborate on the best fix. Thanks! :)

2. Install BQuiet and Luxury Liner up there where at all possible, everywhere possible. I love the way LL gives a rear wave absorbency and consequently better speaker sound.

3. Mount/Wire 5.25" drivers with 12AWG new speaker wires.

4. Mount and wire tweeters.

Doors:

1. I will cut the hole patches for above the 6x9s and we made a good team with you manning your portable drill to run those self tapers in while I held the patch with that sticky tape and voila we were done! :)

2. Clean inside door sheet metal with alcohol and apply BQuiet panel deadener and Luxury Liner Pro everywhere as possible, full door sheet of LL one piece maybe??

Subwoofer:

(optional): Remove 12" driver (easier sanding), fill screw holes with wood filler, sand entire sub box smoothe and squareish.

1. Seal the wire hole with sealer I have.

2. Glue carpet to sub pit interior then glue sub in place.

System startup:

1. Switch 6x9s to 12AWG wires

2. Plug in subwoofer.

3. Setup/tune DSP...

4. Lock HU display for MP3 file name, or better info.

John Kuthe...
Dude, nobody cares.

[quote name='NSTALN']…and wire the remote turn-on wire correctly…and remove unused purple RCA's….and...[/QUOTE]
@NSTALN you owe me 10 bucks lol what did I tell ya...those few pairs of extra RCA's sure paid off huh John

This is merely the beginning of this saga, I suspect. He and 'Installer Guy' have yet to actually power on and setup the DSP….if after 2 months they can't figure out 'inputs' and remote turn-on wires…

…just wait until 'Installer Guy' starts tuning….

Funny, whenever I buy something to install, I test it out 1st before making my final decision as to where to mount it, get the wires neatly tucked away, etc.

John and his sidekick installer guy can't seem to figure that out.

…and wire the remote turn-on wire correctly…and remove unused purple RCA's….and...
What happens when I show you photo EVIDENCE we have the remote-on wire connected just fine, but the DSP still needs the RUX controller plugged in to turn the DSP on and off?

John Kuthe...

Funny, whenever I buy something to install, I test it out 1st before making my final decision as to where to mount it, get the wires neatly tucked away, etc.
John and his sidekick installer guy can't seem to figure that out.
I think we did a great job of keeping all the power, line level signal coax and 12AWG speaker wire outputs separated and well tied up! Should work well for a long time.

John Kuthe...

I think we did a great job of keeping all the power, line level signal coax and 12AWG speaker wire outputs separated and well tied up! Should work well for a long time.
John Kuthe...
You seriously missed my point....by a long shot. Do you have ADD or something??

You seriously missed my point....by a long shot. Do you have ADD or something??
No, I have no idea what you're lYING jabber is all about, and don't really care! You are part of what's WRONG with Caraudio!

John Kuthe...

No, I have no idea what you're lYING jabber is all about, and don't really care! You are part of what's WRONG with Caraudio!
John Kuthe...
oh ya...I'm the one causing this site to fall apart....yet we get people like you claiming to have messed with car audio 20 years ago yet can't even install a few amps.

Good thing some of us get some good entertainment out of this deal. Other's have simply given up on ya.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from