My install's coming along nicely

this ain't no install build.
I've seen better....yet it's the same pics over and over. Nothing has changed.
We put the 3/4" birch plywood base in! Glued it right to the carpet when I glued in last week! Great base to mount the amps and DSP to! Have not mounted them yet, waiting for all the wiring we need, and want to remain flexible for that!

Of course you've seen better. I'm not trying to compete, far from it. I just want my equipment mounted and wired up! Me and my installer guy are working together. For example it's my job to cover the holes on the inner front door panels with metal sheets to emulate speaker cabinets, Hew is in charge of putting all the Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro too, and I have a roll of B-Quiet he may use in addition. He's also in charge of running all wires, hooking them up, etc. I am paying him well and it's kind of fun helping him as we go.

John Kuthe...

Not entirely surprised that he's picked up a guy from Craigslist.
That's what I outta do. Since work is slow right now, no o/t, I can install for a little $$ on the side.

Need an amp wired/installed/hooked up lemme know.

That's what I outta do. Since work is slow right now, no o/t, I can install for a little $$ on the side.
Need an amp wired/installed/hooked up lemme know.
It's skills and knowledge and most importantly experience, market and sell it! People will pay good money for custom installs of all sorts. Some very basic like mine.

John Kuthe...

I wasn't even talking about car audio installation. Dude is a creep, and quite possibly lying about his EE to impress us, as if none of us could possibly have degrees of our own, and he hasn't mentioned actually practicing as an EE, which I find suspect. I wouldn't normally, but when he smokes an amp and posts about it, I'm going to laugh.

^True.
What installer takes a week to hook up 3 simple amps?!

And it's not even tricked out either.
We keep changing the plans, had that question about the amps heating without being driven, thinking it was a grounding problem, etc. We are getting it done, just slowly.

John Kuthe...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't even talking about car audio installation. Dude is a creep, and quite possibly lying about his EE to impress us, as if none of us could possibly have degrees of our own, and he hasn't mentioned actually practicing as an EE, which I find suspect. I wouldn't normally, but when he smokes an amp and posts about it, I'm going to laugh.
Never worked specifically as an EE, so I just know EE theory, no professional experience, I did computer work for IBM for 7 years. I have a CS degree too. My school called CS and EE "computer engineering" and I got both Bachelor's degrees.

Now I'm an RN though. Much harder to outsource direct patient care!

John Kuthe...

I find it weird how if we say something meaningful or helpful he gets all defensive saying weird **** and then if say something rude (completely justifiable) he has a calm and nice reply
When Caraudio.com goes low, I go high! :)

John Kuthe...

A short day of progress. Installer guy's kids got out of school early today.

But he got BOTH door speaker 14WG speaker wires routed and run!! Ready to connect up at both ends and make the majic happen!! :-(

That's why I pay my installer guy, for what he knows, the experience he has, and the tools he has as well! And I get to consult with him as the job goes and we collaborate on the best solutions for every step of my install! And I help him where I can, like pulling the wire through after routing!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from