My install's coming along nicely

What kind of treatment did you expect to get?

You come here acting like you are all mighty. Ask questions a CERTIFIED EE should already know.

And you show crap like this after you talked down to very knowledgeable people that went out of their way even after you pulled your crap to help you

What kind of treatment did you expect to get?You come here acting like you are all mighty. Ask questions a CERTIFIED EE should already know.

And you show crap like this after you talked down to very knowledgeable people that went out of their way even after you pulled your crap to help you
*I* am not the one with a "Big 7" curse word in my sig file here, DUH!!! So whose putting out the bad public image here? Bet you are a Trumpian! :-(

Yes a few apparently very knowledgable people here have given me some good pointers here, but many more give nothing worthwhile at all, like YOU often! Many just berate my choices of equipment, installation, etc. and offer NO help at all, but like you merely berate ME to make YOURSELF feel better!! And that is a EGO PROBLEM, or on your case a karma problem as we have discussed here.

John Kuthe...

If you guys don't like what he's doing, give helpful advice. We were all in his shoes at some point. We all had to start somewhere. Boomin you're belittling this guy's equipment. You're running Soundstream amps and finally got a 2nd x15 after about 2yrs. Let's stop it guys. We're here to help, not hurt.
I take it you haven't read his other threads? He was given a ton of helpful advice, which he responded to by lashing out at the people trying to help him. At this point, he's beyond help. Maybe belittling his build isn't necessary, and he should just be ignored instead, though.

I just don't like your white knight internet hero persona that your trying to sell. You act like your better than everyone.

everything you do is contradictory

you say brand and price don't matter , then post a thread asking for the "best" 5.25's

people give you sound advice and you brush it off

you act like you were using the internet at its inception and say how everyone who isn't helpful is a piece of ****, citing that the only way to get a response is to act jerky

you started by saying you wanted all alpine cause a system you use to have was great and when people tell you other options you complain

your not the only "old" guy on the internet there are plenty that learn to fit in without coming off like a butthole

ive explained the disadvantages of the dash speakers and compartment sub and how I'm sure given your personality expressed on this site you are giving the guy installing hell. your response: change the subject to politics and try to insult people

even with that processor and time alignment those dash speakers will never sound great, one is 2.5 feet from your face and the other is 6 feet. both pointing into a windshield with a great chance of back waves bleeding in and causing cancellation.

Is it possible to modify the doors to accept speakers? can you get someone to build kick panels? those would both be far better options.

I knew a guy with a truck with a bedcap and walkthrough, he had subs in basically the same position yours will end up. with the windows down you can hear him bumping down the street, however in the cab it was dead, no low end at all. that sub will cancel from reflections in that cabin.

Guy is a ******* weirdo. He called me like cynical or something for saying I wouldn't let a guy on Craigslist do an install. He said he's doing good to society or something?? I'm no expert on car audio, I came here to learn. He "claims" to be doing the same. Also seems to think he knows his ****. The amp in a covered compartment and a planned sub enclosure placed there instead of in the trunk says otherwise...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe....

John Kuthe...

If you guys don't like what he's doing, give helpful advice. We were all in his shoes at some point. We all had to start somewhere. Boomin you're belittling this guy's equipment. You're running Soundstream amps and finally got a 2nd x15 after about 2yrs. Let's stop it guys. We're here to help, not hurt.
Before you lash out at me, you need to go read his past threads. The OP is so hardheaded/stubborn, that some of us gave up helping him.

As for my equipment, if you feel the need to replace my SS amps with a better, more expensive brand, then please...go ahead and buy me some. I don't mind. I'm on a budget. As for waiting a year or so to buy another X 15, your right. See, what you don't know is I actually got the subs for "free". My job has a perfect attendance program that if you show up for work on time, w/o calling in for a whole year, a person get's 250 bucks tax free. Show me another company that does that. So again before you lash out on me, better get your facts straight. I'm on a budget, as I already said/stated. I have 2 kids to support and a wife plus a mortgage.

Anything else you'd like to lash out at me? Bring it.

Well, today not only did my installer get both rear 14AWG speaker wires run stealth mode (under carpet), we decided to cut and glue a 3/4 hunk of 7 layer birch plywood down under both amps and the DSP and now we have something we can screw things down to! And he built a 2 layer platform of the birch plywood to set the DSP up 1/5 inches or so on a wooden platform (hard to see in the pic) to make wiring it easier. And the shell of Baby II has yet to be breached!! :)

14714855_1160063584054120_1335341446793362409_o.jpg

Checked the ground we used against the neg terminal of the battery (2AWG jumper cables) and the ground we used appears to be good. Which of course leaves the mystery of why the amps get so hot while not even being used. I will measure voltages later, DSP has the amps turned off anyway. And I'm getting a 0AWG dedicated GND to the neg battery post anyway so the ground we found will be obviated then!

What else? Oh, installer guy knew of a custom RCA cable builder so I ordered all the custom length RCA cables we will need for the install. $227! Ouch! But I cut the existing KnuConcepts' (SP?) RCAs and explored soldering on new RCA connectors and it was possible but when installer guy told me he knew of a custom RCA cable bulder I said "Let's do it!" That's why I contracted with an installer guy, he knows things I need to know. :) And he's good at a lot of things (like running wires/cables) I was very trepidacious about!

John Kuthe...

12V+ power and GNDs in:
14633627_1157330787660733_3132386798243526187_o.jpg

Running into electrical problems already. No audio inputs to amps yet, and yet the amps are running far too hot for unloaded amps to run. Suspect a weak GND so gonna run a 0AWG to the neg battery terminal and considering "Big 3" upgrades (higher output alt and more capacious battery, specifically). Can't build a reliable castle in the sky on a weak foundation! ;-)

John Kuthe...
i think the big 3 is simply heavier gauge wire for alternator and ground...

You are correct.
Everybody has their fave "Big 3". There is no official/governmental mandate of the meaning of the term "Big 3", no trademark (registered or otherwise) "official" meaning. No Oxford dictionary of auto audio which one refer.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from