My install's coming along nicely

Everybody has their fave "Big 3". There is no official/governmental mandate of the meaning of the term "Big 3", no trademark (registered or otherwise) "official" meaning. No Oxford dictionary of auto audio which one refer.
John Kuthe...
ahaha man !! you really have an answer to everything !! do you ever say : '' oops, you're right, i'm wrong '', or something like that ?! dude...you're ego is enormous !

You are correct.
As are you LosIsATool! I now have one 12V+ 0AWG cable from the pos battery post and will soon have another 0AWG cable from the neg battery post, so it's a good thing I'll only be running 100W x4 and 75W x2 and 500W RMS subwoofer, so I should be pretty good! But the real source of the electricity necessary to run everything electrical in the car is the alternator! So improvements of the car's own 12V+ and GND to the alternator's + and - terminals AND the battery(ies) are best for super high power audio systems, which mine is not!

John Kuthe...

As are you LosIsATool! I now have one 12V+ 0AWG cable from the pos battery post and will soon have another 0AWG cable from the neg battery post, so it's a good thing I'll only be running 100W x4 and 75W x2 and 500W RMS subwoofer, so I should be pretty good! But the real source of the electricity necessary to run everything electrical in the car is the alternator! So improvements of the car's own 12V+ and GND to the alternator's + and - terminals AND the battery(ies) are best for super high power audio systems, which mine is not!
John Kuthe...
Take a look at the factory power and ground cable and tell me it's big enough. Most of the time the grounds are not even sanded. The Big 3 is good for any added current demand.

The big three could be done in every single car, even if it doesnt have a large audio system. The big three just reduces electrical resistance and allows the electrical current to flow easier so the alternator can produce more power. Big 3 = healthy electrical

The big three could be done in every single car, even if it doesnt have a large audio system. The big three just reduces electrical resistance and allows the electrical current to flow easier so the alternator can produce more power. Big 3 = healthy electrical
Absolutely. Every car that rolls off an assembly line is minimally implemented to do most things. I may do all that in the future. But right now me and my installer guy are working towards getting this whole Alpine system (with PHD 5.25's when they get to me) installed and operational, so all work right now is towards that goal.

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
yet you want a high output alt,

congrats you spent more on your rca's than the rest of the system combined from the looks of it lmao

yet you want a high output alt,
I was THINKING of a high output alt.

congrats you spent more on your rca's than the rest of the system combined from the looks of it lmao
It's my money, I'll spend it as I like! I was gonna get all purple wires but the guy making them said he's have to get a roll of purple wire in so I told my installer guy to tell him make them out of any color he has. I care more about the electrical conductivity of the RCA cables!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from