My 2016 Toyota upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

threeputt

south
I have Pioneer speakers I got from my grandsons wrecked 2002 Tahoe that were just installed last year. I got the Amp ,Power Acoustik Rep2-450 450-Watt Reaper Series .

I don't plan on using the Sub and was wondering if I would see that much difference with these speakers ? TSG1645R 6.5-Inch 2-Way 250W over the OEM speakers in this Toyota.

Not enough room in the back for the Sub as these 2016 Access cabs have removed the rear seats and that where I keep my golf clubs when I travel.

I don't need that much base anyway, just a better sound than what I get now. I wish I had never listened to the Tahoe before I removed it last week. It sounded great and much better than my Taco. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I really don't want to pull the stock head but will if I have to in order to make this amp work.

I can remove the door panels without much trouble and install these Pioneer speakers if anyone here thinks it would make a difference over the stock speakers. ?? Not even sure what size speakers I have now in this 2016 access cab Toyota.

I have the OEM touch screen head with backup camera but not sure this head is a good system over a good aftermarket head. I can go the aftermarket way if needed. I just want better sound.

You people know your stuff and I will listen to what ever you suggest. This 69 year old still likes good sound. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am a retired self-employed mechanic and can do all the things myself. Just need advice because its been a long time since I last upgraded a sound system. I mean a long time lol

Thanks for any help on this. All tips are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.