Need Some Help/Advice With New Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

casey.ryback

Hi All, I am new to the forums and hoping to get some good advice/help.

I recently upgraded my stock setup to the following:

It was installed professionally, and the quality of the install was very good.

The main problem I have is the bass doesn't pump as hard as I would like it. Door speakers sound fine (pretty good actually).

I did some googling to read up on sub wiring's etc so I bought a $20 Digital MM and did a resistance test on the sub, it was showing steady between 3.9-4.1 ohms.

The manual for the RFM1.1100D only runs 350w (even though the website says 450w), either way, I am at best only giving the sub 350-450watts if my amp/volume is pumped all the way. I have no idea why the **** the shop I went to sells me a 900w RMS sub (I requested the sub, the shop recommended the amp) but wires it 4-ohm to a 350w amp.

The AMPs actually seem pretty good, just the mono isn't enough power to satisfy my sub, so I want to change it. I am looking for an amp that does at least 1000w @ 4ohm & 2000w @ 2ohm. The reason being is that I want to firstly give the sub the juice it is asking for, secondly, I want to add a second T4 sub in maybe 6months, which means since I already have dual 2-ohm coils, it will need to be wired to 2-ohm, thus I will need 2000watts to satisfy both.

So a single amp upgrade in the next few months needs to support me running a single 4-ohm sub and then 2 x 2-ohm subs.

I am looking at the Soundstream PA1.6000D, however it does 1400w @4ohm. Could I safely run this amp on the 900w rms sub if I put the gain all the way down?

If any of you have any other suggestions for roughly the same amp specs I need, let me know and I'll look them up (e.g Non-soundstream options). Since I live outside of the US I will need to buy online and ship it international.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All, I am new to the forums and hoping to get some good advice/help.
I recently upgraded my stock setup to the following:

It was installed professionally, and the quality of the install was very good.

The main problem I have is the bass doesn't pump as hard as I would like it. Door speakers sound fine (pretty good actually).

I did some googling to read up on sub wiring's etc so I bought a $20 Digital MM and did a resistance test on the sub, it was showing steady between 3.9-4.1 ohms.

The manual for the RFM1.1100D only runs 350w (even though the website says 450w), either way, I am at best only giving the sub 350-450watts if my amp/volume is pumped all the way. I have no idea why the **** the shop I went to sells me a 900w RMS sub (I requested the sub, the shop recommended the amp) but wires it 4-ohm to a 350w amp.

The AMPs actually seem pretty good, just the mono isn't enough power to satisfy my sub, so I want to change it. I am looking for an amp that does at least 1000w @ 4ohm & 2000w @ 2ohm. The reason being is that I want to firstly give the sub the juice it is asking for, secondly, I want to add a second T4 sub in maybe 6months, which means since I already have dual 2-ohm coils, it will need to be wired to 2-ohm, thus I will need 2000watts to satisfy both.

So a single amp upgrade in the next few months needs to support me running a single 4-ohm sub and then 2 x 2-ohm subs.

I am looking at the Soundstream PA1.6000D, however it does 1400w @4ohm. Could I safely run this amp on the 900w rms sub if I put the gain all the way down?

If any of you have any other suggestions for roughly the same amp specs I need, let me know and I'll look them up (e.g Non-soundstream options). Since I live outside of the US I will need to buy online and ship it international.

Thanks in advance.
I would start with a proper sized box, then see how that goes, then amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.