My 2003 Civic Install

dynamat extreme is actually one of the best performers on the market, albiet it is the most expensive. so if you can get it at that price, you **** well should.
and on top of that - a BIG rattle killer for the civic trunks - one that i did to dtours trunk. is loosen the two bolts that attach the trunklatch to the edge of the trunk compartment. you know, that U shaped metal hook that the trunklid attaches to. theres two bolts on each side. loosen them and push the latch hook down away from the trunk lid and re tighten. it should only move like 1\8 inch at most, but it will seriously tighten the trunklid to the car more and kill a nasty rattle when theres too much pressure the actual latch will bounce on that hook causing a terrible buzzing on the outside of the car.

but yes, i would use dynamat extreme if i had the luxury.
thanks info was awesome.

lol he works days right now and i work nights right now. so we are only around at the same time on weekends unless he does some stuff like that bondo up there by himself.

hopefully we will have the kicks done saturday *hopefully*

Did alot of sanding and a little more bondo last night, also hit them up with one coat of high build primer, today I will continue sanding, going to start sanding with 80, 120, 160, ect... so far it's only been sanded with 40 grit.

oh8d2x.jpg

11v39kl.jpg

2wodrub.jpg

169rns0.jpg

fnz7yw.jpg

The dremel will be broken out soon, these things are at their ugliest stage in life, going out in a few hours to lay down some bondo shortstrand fiberglass to make the bottom of the kick edge flush will the carpet, more pics tonight

got any questions dtour, gimme a call. make sure you sand the bottom edge with some 40 grit before you apply that reinforced bondo glass. give it a nice surface to stick to. ill be on watch for the next 8 hours or so. im gonna be tired as hell. but ill have my phone on me.

as far as the rough inner ring edges go - we are worrying about that last, because its obviously one of the easiest things to fix, im more concerned about leveling out all the bondo and getting it looking more like a stock replacement panel.

talk to ya later. and yea. thats my hairy\dusty arm in that picture //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Alright, the right (passenger kick) has a small gap that runs beneath it and the carpet, I'm using bondo shortstrand glass to fill in that gap, then more sanding, some light weight filler, priming, you get the idea, heres some pics from a few minutes ago, letting this thing dry before i go any further....

264qa0n.jpg

this is the gap I mentioned above

2ivgva1.jpg

2148br5.jpg

heres after a couple of layers of the green stuff, hopefully it releases from the tape fairly easy

rku5as.jpg

Nice , it will let go of the tape with some help. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey everyone, now looking for a sq sub, the pair of 13av.2's look as if they are going to be delayed yet once again, i called ED today and they said that november 15th probably won't be the time that they are shipping, so basically I'm tired of waiting. Any suggestions, REQ told me about IDMAX, any others worth looking into?

It's official, I ordered 2 Aura 15's, will have only a couple of inches to spare when I do the IB install, also tried out the kicks for the last couple of day, their all done except for painting and little details, even found some nice grills to go over them, talk about a huge difference in sound compared to having them in the doors, I am definitly keeping them sealed, the power handling is much better than I imagined and they are very tight and accurate, I have them crossed to play 56 to 710 hz, very happy with the kicks so far. Also played with an RTA for 2 hours today, got a very nice flat graph after an hour of playing with it, more to come in a few weeks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.