Move component tweeter higher location help.

silicondt

CarAudio.com Newbie
So my son bought a 2006 chevy silverado. We upgraded the head unit to a XAVAX1000 because he wanted carplay. I was thinking the speakers were stock.

We planned on getting some component speakers one day with maybe an amp/sub etc..

We noticed one of the tweeters behind the grill looked like it was flopping and it was rattling over bumps. So I took the door off and to my surprise it already has component speaker in it.

They are boston S60. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-rPmJawn7nfx/p_065S60/Boston-Acoustics-S60.html

Question 1: They are 4ohm and 92 sensitivity.. They seem to work OK with the head unit we have.. do they really need an amp? Would putting an amp on them make them sound clearer at high volumes?

Question 2: We would like to relocate the tweeter higher. I have included a video on two spots we can move them to. Either the little plastic triangles on the door itself. Or the A-pillars, but they are angled towards the front window. Which spot would be better?

- Video of my situation.

Thanks!

Yes on amplifier and No I would not place amps behind that seat. They will runHot /get no air circulation .Place amps under passenger rear seat and a single 10 under rear drivers seat. stack amp on top of each other. Make an L shape wood amp board. I can PM you a hand drawn easy amp stack for that truck.Basicly two pieces of solid wood to cover with carpet and two strips to mount bottom 2ch amp on and attach L portion to one bottom amp strip and it should lay just on top of the seat well and screw that down, mono amp screws on top of L flat spot and the Distribution and fused distib. Blocks, and you can use the seat belt bolt on that truck for the ground location. Sounds hard as explained , but its very easy to make and do and looks and holds very nice and out of the way from getting kicked and amps get air, and mounted securely and easy to get to for tuning
Yes please if you dont mind sending the example in PM.
Would that get in the way of the spare tire jack and stuff? Do those normally have to be taken out?

Ok so the MLA-2160 for components, and find a separate sub amp later when I pick which sub we will get.
On the 2006 Silverados, what is the best place to mount? Behind the back seat?
Recommended sub

Recommended amplifiers

Amazon product ASIN B07D93RFK5
I would do the Big3 when you install the Sub amp,.

Yes please if you dont mind sending the example in PM.
Would that get in the way of the spare tire jack and stuff? Do those normally have to be taken out?
Isnt the jack on the drivers side under the back seat and like wedged against the back wall (the Jack) and the extra pieces in a bag ?

Yes on amplifier and No I would not place amps behind that seat. They will runHot /get no air circulation .Place amps under passenger rear seat and a single 10 under rear drivers seat. stack amp on top of each other. Make an L shape wood amp board. I can PM you a hand drawn easy amp stack for that truck.Basicly two pieces of solid wood to cover with carpet and two strips to mount bottom 2ch amp on and attach L portion to one bottom amp strip and it should lay just on top of the seat well and screw that down, mono amp screws on top of L flat spot and the Distribution and fused distib. Blocks, and you can use the seat belt bolt on that truck for the ground location. Sounds hard as explained , but its very easy to make and do and looks and holds very nice and out of the way from getting kicked and amps get air, and mounted securely and easy to get to for tuning
Question: So if the amp is mounted way in the back, for the fronts I would have to run RCA to the back, then speaker wire back up front and to the doors?
Would you recommend running the power on one side of truck and the RCA/speaker wires on the other side?
Also if I have two amps in the rear, would I need two seperate power cables to the battery, or would one larger be OK and split them at the amps?

Question: So if the amp is mounted way in the back, for the fronts I would have to run RCA to the back, then speaker wire back up front and to the doors?
Would you recommend running the power on one side of truck and the RCA/speaker wires on the other side?
Also if I have two amps in the rear, would I need two seperate power cables to the battery, or would one larger be OK and split them at the amps?
I would run a 0ga amp kit for the money and extra supply insurance to split at the distro Fused block at the amplifiers and split from there to each amp. The 4 ga OFC kit will be fine for either amplifier, but you may need to run another supply line for the sub amp. Its best to run the largest supply line once rather than adding another supply line. Deff do the 0ga Big3 when adding sub amp. Power wire can be ran on the low side of the floor seal and under carpeting on either side and RCAs and Speaker wire on the opposite side or approx. 4-6" from each other

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...