Mids have too much exursion

Having both the headunit and amplifiers crossovers engaged certainly will result in a steeper slope.

We would need to know more information to state specifically what the resulting filtering would be.....but the crossovers will "combine".

I'm going to go ahead and guess you have cancellation issues in your midbass area. The auto EQ is detecting your phasing issues, and attempting to EQ it out, which isn't possible, no matter how hard it tries. Turn off your auto EQ, flip the phase on one of your midbasses and see if you don't get an increase in output. If you have an adjustable phase on your fronstage amp, use that, if not try putting them 180 out by flipping wires on 1 side.
what was all this for? just move your door panel a little away from the door

Having both the headunit and amplifiers crossovers engaged certainly will result in a steeper slope.
We would need to know more information to state specifically what the resulting filtering would be.....but the crossovers will "combine".

So Should I leave one of them off and one of them one And if so which one would be better turned off.

Are you positive they are hitting the door panel ? If you havent already i would remove the panel and test it and see if the noise goes away. If it does then address the problem but if it doesnt then the speakers are just bottoming out cause of exceeding mechanical limits.

really, so its not like a high pass or a low pass. they combine on each other?

really, so its not like a high pass or a low pass. they combine on each other?
yes, the only issue is that they may not have the same center point. 2 slopes at different frequencies, won't combine as easily as one would hope...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.