Which Crystals Are Right For Me?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dynasty
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What Crystal speaker is right for me?

1) Crystal Mobile Sound SSX-615 (http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SSX615)

2) Crystal Mobile Sound SSCS-6 (http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=SSCS6)

I am upgrading from stock 4x6 speakers. I'm looking for much better SQ at higher volumes as well as midbass. I do not have a factory tweeter location. I will be amping whatever speaker I go with, but am unsure at how much power to send them, so I need suggestions there.

Both speakers seem to be very good. I have read reviews and searched these forums and found great input on them.

In your, opinion what Crystal speaker should I go with?

i wouldn't get them from that site. IF they can even get them. stick with one of us who is authorized to sell them. there's a few of us who can do them for the same price and it is legit.

depends on if you have the OD to fit the basket of the sscs, how much power to send, and if you want the little more mid bass the sscs has over the ssx.

ssx's you won't have any problems with 100w each. sscs, 150w + each.

i wouldn't get them from that site. IF they can even get them. stick with one of us who is authorized to sell them. there's a few of us who can do them for the same price and it is legit.

depends on if you have the OD to fit the basket of the sscs, how much power to send, and if you want the little more mid bass the sscs has over the ssx.

ssx's you won't have any problems with 100w each. sscs, 150w + each.
Did you get your new shipment in from the backorder? I'm still waiting on my replacements from Tuan for I think its been 2+ months now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

as of wednesday, our distro still doesn't have stock on the sscs yet. a few weeks ago when i talked to crystal, he was putting a small shipment on a plane to get dealers at least something until the main bulk arrives.

i'd expect any day. as long as there weren't other problems. phillipines have had some very devestating storms recently. that is where they have their highs made. their prox2 line on up of subs, is what is made in so cal.

2+ months! ouch. i don't think crystal has been out of stock quite that long.

as of wednesday, our distro still doesn't have stock on the sscs yet. a few weeks ago when i talked to crystal, he was putting a small shipment on a plane to get dealers at least something until the main bulk arrives.
i'd expect any day. as long as there weren't other problems. phillipines have had some very devestating storms recently. that is where they have their highs made. their prox2 line on up of subs, is what is made in so cal.

2+ months! ouch. i don't think crystal has been out of stock quite that long.
Alright thanks for the info, I wish the mids didnt arrive with broken terminals!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.