Mid range test

Whatever you think you hear in this case if you listen to good uploads like these linked for example the stage won't fall apart. You can listen to a big band and still have separation.

Road noise doesnt matter when there's an obvious difference in the sound, its apparent.
There is also differences in both that come into play. For instance one might be louder so you would have to eq the other so that the loudness was the same. I guess what I'm saying is only after measuring each and eq matching could we come to a real conclusion...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

There is also differences in both that come into play. For instance one might be louder so you would have to eq the other so that the loudness was the same. I guess what I'm saying is only after measuring each and eq matching could we come to a real conclusion...
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
better test would be a flat EQ pure straight up source. Anyone can get anything to sound like anything with a proper DSP/EQ There's no point in that. Keep it simple, you play both songs, one clearly sounds superior in clarity, staging and lots more detail and musical information while the other one sounds lifeless, end of test. Nothing more needs to be discussed

better test would be a flat EQ pure straight up source. Anyone can get anything to sound like anything with a proper DSP/EQ There's no point in that. Keep it simple, you play both songs, one clearly sounds superior in clarity, staging and lots more detail and musical information while the other one sounds lifeless, end of test. Nothing more needs to be discussed
yes it does... For instance audio encoded in DTS format is about +3DB louder than DD. Maybe youtube ha some weird glitch or process that enhances certain frequencies to make up for poorer audio devices such as laptop speakers or cellphone speakers

yes it does... For instance audio encoded in DTS format is about +3DB louder than DD. Maybe youtube ha some weird glitch or process that enhances certain frequencies to make up for poorer audio devices such as laptop speakers or cellphone speakers
Youtube has specs of all video types being produced by the upload system.

Depending on quality of the song/video it will be converted to flv/mp4/mp4hd.

In all formats youtube keeps the audio bitrate to 48 or 192 or 256.

Youtube video/songs will always be lower quality then normal mp3s that have been ripped or remastered.

So it does not enhance it, but encodes in different codecs with different audio settings.

Sent from my ZTE ZMax using Tapatalk

Youtube has specs of all video types being produced by the upload system.
Depending on quality of the song/video it will be converted to flv/mp4/mp4hd.

In all formats youtube keeps the audio bitrate to 48 or 192 or 256.

Youtube video/songs will always be lower quality then normal mp3s that have been ripped or remastered.

So it does not enhance it, but encodes in different codecs with different audio settings.

Sent from my ZTE ZMax using Tapatalk
Thanks you the man

there's a set bitrate that you can only achieve with youtube, Once you upload to youtube, you automatically lose a big majority of information due to youtube's audio transcoding. you'll never get actual 128kbps or higher from youtube sources basically. Thats why I was so adamant on how there's no competition whatsoever. Even on the music videos that say HD 1080, Compare it to an actual 320kbps version or lossless version, you'll hear a big difference. if it was actual 256kbps vs 320kbps then yeah, very minimal difference but when its much lower than that, you'll definitely hear it even for people with an untrained ear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.