Mounting mid-range speaker pod to center console help

Not difficult. Cover the item in material like fleece, secure the material so that it is taunt then brush on the sunflash (resin) coating and soaking the fleece. Take out into the sun to cure. After it is fully cured you can fill in imperfections with bondo (body filler) it doesn't take a lot, let it cure, sand it smooth. Cover it in material (leather, cloth, vinyl...) or paint it. All done and professional looking.
I want to try that when I get some free garage/shop space freed up. I like trying new things

Thanks. I found JB Weld plastic putty. I'm gonna see how it works and go from there first. I'll check them out either way though

I wouldn't a plastic putty. Fiberglassing is actually easy enough. It's the finishing part that tough - lots of filling, filing and sanding. That said, I've found wrap them with carpet, you can hide quiet a bit underneath. You'll end up with some seams in the carpet showing, but it does cut down on the sanding.

It's not hard, but it can be time consuming. IMHO, you have to reinforce the fleece with fiberglass. Doesn't require a lot of space either. Just a lot of sanding.
Its been abot 13years since ive done any kind of glassing at all. Last I did was on a 32T Roadster with my uncle. We use all fiber and resins. Fans and respirators

Thanks for all the feedback. Part of the issue is I live in a converted garage that's a bachelor's pad so I don't have much space to work with like as far as doing fiberglass or anything like that that would kind of make a mess. The other thing that I found out is that I don't really have a safe place outside to allow things to dry. I tried to paint some other panels on the car and while I was painting them dust literally blew over them because I didn't have a way to protect them.

That's why I thought the plastic putty might work better because it's pretty solid like Play-Doh.
It sticks to plastic really well I can scuff it up with sand paper and drill small holes through both pieces to help it hold really well. Plus since it's solid and pretty consistent it won't leave a mess and I can probably do it inside so I wouldn't have to worry about the wind and the dust blowing on it outside. Are there any other options that I can do inside?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...