Med Budget 97 Honda Accord Build

>>SQL<<
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
I already installed a basic system in this car a few months ago.

I am now going to upgrade it a good amount while not spending too much money.

This should be pretty quick as I think I will have everything done by this Sunday Nov 20th.

Current system is

Pioneer Avic-Z2 w/ Sat Add-on (this is a real nice DVD / Navigation unit with a built in hard drive)

MB Quart 4 x 100 amp

MB Quart Old School Q series 6.5 componet set in the front in fully deadened doors

JL Audio 10w3 in pre-fab box

4 gauge amp kit

New system will be

MB Quart Amp bridged 2 x 200 powering the front speakers only

AudioPipe ADSM 1300 (1000 @ 1 ohm)

2 - 12" Skar VVX's in Pro Rabbit Built Box

Wire Upgrade include

Big 3

another run of 4 gauge to rear

12 gauge speaker wires ran into front doors

Volt Meter tied into the rear Dist block for the Amps

Other upgrades include

Auto Start System added to the Alarm system I recently installed

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the car

130K miles

The paint was peeling off the hood, roof, and trunk badly so I sanded it and painted it myself recently (cost me about $50)

101_3360.jpg

first my workshop, I just finished building it, it was a carport under my home - I poured a slab and walled it in

Gotta have a workshop stereo so here are 2 - 12" klipsch Subwoofers (my neighbors hate me anyway) with some no name amp powering a pair of Outdoor Speakers and a MP3 player that reads USB cards. Actually has a TON of bass and gets REALLY loud

101_3566.jpg

started on the under hood stuff today

Fist - I know the battery is a POS - I will be getting a better one soon

here is my custom red neck crimper

101_3570.jpg

1/0 from Battery to Chassis

101_3572.jpg

here is what the factory ground looked like

101_3575.jpg

replaced the motor to chassis with 1/0 as well

sanding down the mounting spot

101_3568.jpg

didnt take a pic of where I mounted it to the motor but it was a good spot

101_3573.jpg

I left the factory 8 gauge motor to chassis wire

101_3571.jpg

here is a before pic of the paint on the car

you can see it really looked like ****

101_3099.jpg

Both of us (girlfriend and I) were driving brand new trucks. She had a Ford Edge and I had a Nissan Titan.

I finally realized what a waste of our money (and future savings) it was and let the Repo man take the edge and i sold off the Titan and bought this Honda and a 4x4 Small truck

I have started being much more careful with spending and work hard on saving money.

anyway /end rant //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

i am going out to install the Autostart system I bought for $30 from someone on another board

feed some more power to those skars. pics of gear too? i would still upgrade the engine ground

I did, I was saying that i also left the factory ground

Here is the 1/0 wire connecting the motor

101_3591.jpg

here is the other side of that wire connecting the motor to the frame

101_3573.jpg

I plan on getting a 1,500 watt amp in the future - I have to do some trading to get it.

Anyway I successfully installed the Auto Start System. It took 2.5 hours from start to finish. It works very well. The range is really good and is super easy to use. My girlfriend works at 7 am a few days a week and has to leave at 6 am to get there. So normally in the winter I get up and go out and start the car for her, this will be much easier.

Here is what I started with

101_3592.jpg

here is it mostly installed

101_3598.jpg

after I cleaned up everything that I did not need (since I have an aftermarket alarm already a lot of the security features were not needed) there really were not that many wires I had to connect.

101_3599.jpg

I am not sure why but the Autostart system had 2 power wires that needed power and each one had a 30 amp fuse in it. Instead of connecting it to the factory wires under the dash (which I think would have been fine) I ran 2 - 16 gauge wires through the firewall to the battery, there I used an 8 gauge fuse (thingy) and connected it to the positive terminal.

101_3596.jpg

finally here you can see that the keys are out of the ignation but the car is running (tach is at 1,000 rpms)

101_3601.jpg

Next updates will be this weekend when I install the voltmeter, remote relay, dist block, 2nd 4 gauge power wire, 2nd amp, cut out the metal behind the rear seat so I can fit the huge azz box I have going into the trunk from inside the car cause it is too big to fit in through the trunk.

I also still need to do the wire from the Alternator to the Battery.

I do not have the wire to do it yet, i just bought 20 feet of 4 gauge from a member here and also bought some 4 gauge terminals and a 4 gauge fuse holder from Ebay - hopefully it will be here before this weekend.

I will not be able to complete the install this weekend as I wanted to, the box from Pro-Rabbit has been delayed.

I did receive my 20 ft run of 4 gauge (Thanks Boomsday) he even through in a screw on terminal that will be perfect for mounting to the Positve lug on the Alt.

This weekend I am going to pull the 2nd Run of 4 gauge from the Hood to the trunk, run the last of the Big 3 wires from the Alt to the Battery, and setup the Autostart so it powers the Heater Fan to HIGH when it is remote started.

I also did some trading and have a Rockford T10001bd on its way to replace the AudioPipe that I was going to use.

Now I am starting to have some serious concerns about my electrical. At full tilt the Audio System will be drawing around 200 amps, my Honda only has a 80 Amp Alt on it.

I'm sorry for the delay. We have been very focused on searching for our puppies (which takes up most of our day)and I as go from house to house I try to answer emails, post, and reply to pms the best i can.

I will get some pics of your enclosure for you tomorrow though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.