Med Budget 97 Honda Accord Build

Finished the last of the wiring yesterday and put everything back together.

I wired in a relay in the back.

The relay is triggered from the remote wire and turns on my amps as well as the voltmeter in the front of the car.

I also decided not to use the Bass Knob that came with the Fosgate Amp as I do not like how it works at all.

Instead I am just using my Gain Knob.

I took it apart and flush mounted it in the center console.

101_3738.jpg

I got my cheap ebay voltmeter hooked up

I am very happy with it. I grounded it under the dash and ran a wire to the relay I have in the back that gets its power right from the Dist block supplying the amps. I did some trimming and mounted it nice and flush.

101_3734.jpg

The Voltmeter matches the color of the LEDs I have in the footwells pretty well.

101_3735.jpg

yes I am at 14.0 volts that is with the stock alt. I tried to install the HO alt that I have but I didn't know that the pulley was going to be smaller than the stock alt so the stock belt is too long. I will get a shorter belt this week and get the new Alt installed.

Also I wanted to thank a few people who made this build go well for me.

Pro-Rabbit -- Designed and Built an amazing box for me, solid as can be and sounds retardedly good.

Serpent710 -- Gave me a GREAT deal on the Skar 12's

Louisiana_CRX -- Worked out a trade with me for a strong amp that really pushes my subs

Boomsday -- not only hooked me up on some wire i needed he also shipped it out 2 day UPS so it would get to me in time

Plus of course everyone one else on the board who gave me good info on my electrical needs plus the12volt.com for having such good detailed and free wiring diagrams.

I am very happy with my setup, it sounds good, gets stupid low and very loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.