Mechman Alternator in 05 Civic help

Participant count
  • Participant list

AndyGiff

CarAudio.com Recruit
I have a Mechman S Series 6 phase 240 amp alternator for 1.7L Civic , Been trying to install it but I am having issues. I can get it installed but it bottoms out on the AC compressor and only gives me less then an inch to play with on the tensioner for the alternator/ Ac belt ( serp belt ). I have been trying to find a belt that will fit and tension correctly with that limited amount of space but so far no luck at all. I called Mechman and he sent me a diagram showing how the bracket arm attaches on the alternator and the location of the bracket as well as the spacer for the Pivot bolt. They also stated that they have never had any callbacks saying anyone could not install the alt for the civic 01-05. Not sure what we are doing wrong at all. I have installed alternators before with no issues. I will try to attach the picture of the alt that he sent me. Any advice would be great as I am kinda stuck at the moment, let me know if anyone has any questions I can answer!

Thanks for any help! I would greatly appreciate it!

Andy 13893240.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.