White rust/powder appearing on speaker wire. JBL GX600C speakers

Participant count
  • Participants list

serstylz2

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all, looking for your feedback. I installed all 4 JBL GX600C door speakers in my 2019 Infiniti Q50 with no issues last summer. I used the stock tweeters and did not use the crossover, only bought the 6.5" speakers. A few weeks ago my driver door speaker started cutting in and out and eventually was completely out. I took the door panel off and discovered the speaker had a white powder/rust buildup where it went into the terminal into the back of the speaker. I cut the rust off to expose fresh wiring and put crimped it into a new terminal. Here I am now, a few weeks later and the door speaker is starting to cut out. I suspect the same thing is happening. Should I scrap the speaker wire and try again, or could something else be the cause? Why would only my driver door have the issue when I used the same terminals and wire for all 4 doors? Did I possibly reverse the polarity and just need to fip my wires? Thanks for any help availalble.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.