Low Ohm light - Help!

wong05tsx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Oakland, CA
I can't figure out what's going on. All the speakers are still working.

I have a JL 300/4 powering Hertz HSK165 and Polk db6500 coax and I just noticed today when I was tweaking the tuning that the low ohm light was on. The amp now gets hot a lot faster.

Both fronts and back is 4ohm, and the JL is 4ohm stable.

Any ideas?

^ a short in a wire or in the amp?

ugh...

so if i keep using it, it may damage the speakers then or just blow the amp?

i just picked this **** thing up off craigslist like 3 weeks ago too, it was working fine when I hooked it up

sweet made it into someone's sig =)

^ a short in a wire or in the amp?
ugh...

so if i keep using it, it may damage the speakers then or just blow the amp?

i just picked this **** thing up off craigslist like 3 weeks ago too, it was working fine when I hooked it up
The short is probably in the speaker wiring somewhere.
also, where can i get these ohm's repleced and how much would it cost?
This all has to do with us messing with the noob. Thus the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif in my post. It like a tub of elbow grease or blinker fluid or something along those lines.

The short is probably in the speaker wiring somewhere.

This all has to do with us messing with the noob. Thus the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif in my post. It like a tub of elbow grease or blinker fluid or something along those lines.
x2

we were j/p

although, i think i am running low on blinker fluid

well thanks for clarifying. i'll try to single out which speaker wire is shorted

..or if I disconnect all the wires and just power up the amp and the light is on, then that'd just mean the amp is screwed rather than a short?

brb.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.