Los33 2000 GMC Sierra Build Log

Shouldnt you have mounted the amp of some rubber bushing or spacer for vibration purposes? i was scared of this so i mecided not to mouunt my amps on box and instead made an amp rack, had to give up another 14" of space for this but id rather had less bed than broken amps, ***** this happened hopefully soundqubed covers it

i agree that you should of dropped a small drop of glue in the holes the first time the screws came out. that's not a light small amp, and thats not a box for a single 12. cmon man you went big, it was smart of you to deaden the whole truck, but you have to consider how the amp is mounted as well.

Shouldnt you have mounted the amp of some rubber bushing or spacer for vibration purposes? i was scared of this so i mecided not to mouunt my amps on box and instead made an amp rack, had to give up another 14" of space for this but id rather had less bed than broken amps, ***** this happened hopefully soundqubed covers it
i agree that you should of dropped a small drop of glue in the holes the first time the screws came out. that's not a light small amp, and thats not a box for a single 12. cmon man you went big, it was smart of you to deaden the whole truck, but you have to consider how the amp is mounted as well.
Solder joint on the gain knob went bad.. [emoji22]

All else still is good. Spoke to zack and ima send it for rma.

I may just sell it after its fixed.

3ecee0ddd434d2f71c2e1bdd32abdff0.jpg

6281a6fa3a421ffbd3827160d6da3fb4.jpg

6701aa4e77675d472933394782101126.jpg

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Amp has shipped out, fedex will be picking it up at 5pm latest so they should have a total cost or idea of whats gonna happen by saturday or monday.

No vibration dampening man...

I've got my 20k on top of my box, but I have 1" threaded pipes and a 2x4 bracing the top, plus an inch of foam under the amp

Partially user error, partially skimping on small product details

No vibration dampening man...
I've got my 20k on top of my box, but I have 1" threaded pipes and a 2x4 bracing the top, plus an inch of foam under the amp

Partially user error, partially skimping on small product details
Im gonna work on dampening this time..

Believe it or not the ppi 4 channel has been mounted right next to it this whole time and it has had no issue not even screws backing out...

I can imagine sub amps are more prone to issues due to the weight they come in, but this thing has done it since day 2 when i didnt even have the gain up much.

View attachment 26553767

Gotta love fast shipping!

Im gonna work on dampening this time..
Believe it or not the ppi 4 channel has been mounted right next to it this whole time and it has had no issue not even screws backing out...

I can imagine sub amps are more prone to issues due to the weight they come in, but this thing has done it since day 2 when i didnt even have the gain up much.

View attachment 26553767

Gotta love fast shipping!

Soundqubed build quality //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thats nothing... you've never seen a fuse block actually melted lol

still thats bad for your wire you should use a smaller fuse and larger block considering it got hot enough before blowing to melt the plastic

Cheap plastic CA stuff! Check these out cheaper and way better quality
Fuses & Fuse Holders

They have alot of very cool excellent quality items.
Ill use that site to buy my next ones..

I have 4 more sky high 350 amp fuses and holders which costed near dammm 70-80$ total and its the first time ive had a fuse burn and holder melt.

I need to add more runs.

Ill use that site to buy my next ones..
I have 4 more sky high 350 amp fuses and holders which costed near dammm 70-80$ total and its the first time ive had a fuse burn and holder melt.

I need to add more runs.

I had that same thing happen with those fuse holders thats why I switched and have never had another problem.

thats nothing... you've never seen a fuse block actually melted lol
still thats bad for your wire you should use a smaller fuse and larger block considering it got hot enough before blowing to melt the plastic
The wire is rated 350 amp/600v below 12ft and less.

So the wire could handle the heat, but the metal in the holder got hot enough to mark the copper.

The plastic.... Well its plastic.

The fuse was still working, but my voltage was jumping from 12.5-14.2 at times.

So the wire could handle the heat, but the metal in the holder got hot enough to mark the copper.

smaller fuse and larger fuse block

the fuse obviously didn't blow in time.

True on the plastic! You need nylon bases melting point is alot higher, I think its over 300 degrees vs around 200 or less on plastic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.