Basic 2004 Toyota Corolla S Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joe50302

Just looking to do a basic install in my daily driver. Not looking to set any records, I just want something that sounds decent and that isn't gonna break my bank. My plan is to use some stuff that I already have and purchase some new gear along the way.

I started off with a set of these Fosgates that I had previously purchased, but never ended up installing in my old truck.

"][/url]

Used the factory mounting brackets to make life a little easier on me.

"][/url]

"][/url]

Figured this would be a decent place to mount the tweeters.

"][/url]

"][/url]

Passenger side completed as well.

"][/url]

"][/url]

Scored a matching pair of these 6x9's online for next to nothing. Mounting them in the factory location on the rear deck.

"][/url]

Made a visit to SKAR Audio and picked up a few pieces to keep the project moving along.

Some 4-channel RCA cords.....

"][/url]

.....and a 4-channel amp to run the door and rear deck speakers.

"][/url]

You will need to seal off those 6x9s in the rear deck in the truck area,or they will get trashed very quickly from the sub/subs air movement,as well as create some unwanted noise from popping/maxed excursion from the subs, eventually damaging the 6x9s. 1/4"-1/2" MDF or Plywood will serve justice as well as make those 6x9s sound much better sealed off from the trunk spaced area.

Delivery of some more stuff came sooner than expected.

20 feet of 1/0 power cable to run from the battery.

"][/url]

Inline fuse holder and 200 amp fuse for engine compartment.

"][/url]

"][/url]

Fused distribution block with 125 amp fuse for the sub amp and a 60 amp fuse for the 4-channel amp.

"][/url]

"][/url]

"][/url]

5 feet of 4 gauge power and ground cable for the sub amp.

"][/url]

"][/url]

Thanks shamim93. Right now I am waiting to get the car to come back from the body shop after an older lady decided she couldn't see my brake lights. LOL. Hopefully by this weekend, the install will continue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Finally got the car back from the body shop late this afternoon and decided to put in a little time so the entire day wasn't wasted.

Battery end crimped and heat shrink installed.

"][/url]

Fuse holder installed in the engine compartment near the battery.

"][/url]

Power cable run down the rocker panel.

"][/url]

It was a tight squeeze, but I got the trim panel back on.

"][/url]

Battery power all the way to the trunk now.

"][/url]

Following/ debating on getting a Echo from the same generation... Now it's do I find a sedan in the states or a hatchback in canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youll want some good sound processing to overridethe inherent bad acoustics the car has with 5khz to 8khz range my tweets in my old 2003 corolla S was mounted there too. Took an 80 prs, deadening and absorbtion in the install to get rid of some of that poor acoustics

Car is also a rattle trap if you plan on having 1000 watts of substage, there will be annoying rattle everywhere.

Had some time on Sunday so I put a few hours in.

Out with the old.....

"][/url]

.....in with the "newer". LOL.

"][/url]

Ran the remote wire, RCA's and speaker wire under the passenger side rocker panel since the Power cable from the battery was run on the drivers side.

"][/url]

"][/url]

Built a temporary amp rack to use till I figure out how/where I want to permanently mount my amps when I build my new sub box.

"][/url]

"][/url]

"][/url]

Pulled this out of my Saturn when I sold it and threw it in so at least I can have some sound until I built a different/better fitting box.

"][/url]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.