Looks like shit.

Administrator

Little man on campus
Administrator
Jul 25, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Those are all old URLs from wayyy back that would have been converted to /topic/ which have now been converted to /threads/. The /topic/ threads from the old forum do convert to the new uRLs.

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
Those are all old URLs from wayyy back that would have been converted to /topic/ which have now been converted to /threads/. The /topic/ threads from the old forum do convert to the new uRLs.
/topic/

/thread/

Seems like a meaningless semantics type distinction that only exists because of recent platform or upgrade changes. Regardless, many of my bookmarked threads that were accessible for years are now useless broken links. I had one about aerovents that was to teach folks some differences. I had another that was offering transmission line designs services. I had countless others that promote discussion (cha ching for you, right?) that were readily available to me for linking. It doesn't even matter what these threads are about. They're gone, or unavailable now. This is content that is referred to for discussion now and then. This is content that can't be viewed on the Wayback Machine because, unbelievably, this site is still functioning with the 12 members who log in everyday to see the random picture thread.

Whether the content is from ten minutes ago or ten years ago, there are people that want to see it. Every bit of the content that's on your servers should be available for searching. There's some hilarious and useful shit from back in the day that new folks might enjoy reading. I dunno, create a line in the sand and call it an archive zone or whatever. Just restore it, please?

Reactions: Pyropin

Spider Monkey

WEEEEEEEEEEE™
10+ year member
Apr 12, 2007
In a Cage
I can check on re adding tapatalk. However the main purpose for using it in the first place was for mobile use.

Working now.
Good job. The place is starting to be usable again. While you are at it, please unstick these threads. Nobody uses them and we don't need 50 ******* stuck threads in the Thunderdome.

Thanks!

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Good job. The place is starting to be usable again. While you are at it, please unstick these threads. Nobody uses them and we don't need 50 ******* stuck threads in the Thunderdome.

Thanks!
Agree.

ciaonzo

TheContinental
10+ year member
Feb 1, 2009
WI
How about madating a minimum post count before being able to post in the dome (and classifieds) so we don't have noobs asking about audio like the nutsack in the random pic thread.
Hell yeah. A great idea that has been requested before. Mandating a minimum post count is a no-brainer when it comes to the classifieds.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I agree for the classifieds, not so much for the Thunderdome. I like screwing with the newbs in the dome.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I don't like this. I miss being able to embed a vid, but at least before the upgrade I could post the whole IG post and vid. Now it's basically just a link. Also don't like that I can't get my thread title changed because the mods have no powers whatsoever.

See...

Spider Monkey

WEEEEEEEEEEE™
10+ year member
Apr 12, 2007
In a Cage
Bitxh please this place is laggy as hell. Total fux sauce
The worst part for me is going through pages of responses, deciding what I want to quote, and I get to the bottom and none of the ******* buttons work. I don't know how many responses in the Random Picture thread I've had that I just abandoned out of frustration.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
The worst part for me is going through pages of responses, deciding what I want to quote, and I get to the bottom and none of the ******* buttons work. I don't know how many responses in the Random Picture thread I've had that I just abandoned out of frustration.
I like when I click on one thing and it takes me somewhere else. Just clicked Thunderdome and Subwoofer Classifieds opened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds