looking to build a box for 2 RE SXX 12's feedback please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

coolio3800
10+ year member

Re audio SXx 12" 1000W rms 4 ohm dvc

so i went on the website for the subs and found the box should be tuned to 33hz which i have no idea how to do (problem 1). the optimal space is 2.0 ft^3 per chamber. is that before or after displacement of the sub? (problem 2) the rough dimensions that i got for the box are 31.75W x 20H x 11.75 D. that was with a "golden rule tool". is there some calculator or something that can build me a virtual box? i know i need a spec box for these subs but it's a little over my head, any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated.

You only have 3.3ft3 of available space after wood displacement but that is before sub(s)/port. In short, you do not have enough available space for two.

well im going to make a bigger box, i messed around with the dimensions and have about 4.1 ft^3 after port displacement. their optimal space is 2.0 ft^3 per so that should work right? to avoid the sub displacement i'll just do a reverse mount or increase the box size just a bit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.