Looking for some help with a 2022 silverado build, lots of questions, have mercy

AleksanderSuave

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey all, thank you in advance for your reading and contribution.

I went ahead and searched the subject first, and read everything I could find on the silverado dash speaker to try to educate myself.
Here's where Im at and would like some help:

I have a 2022 "refresh" silverado 1500 (no bose). I understand that the dash speaker isnt a tweeter, its the "mid" 2-3/4" speaker.
Im looking to swap out both front and rear door speakers, and figure out the dash and tweeter situation too.
Ive been recommended a few options to handle the no-tweeter setup now.

Ive bought from Crutchfield before so I figured I'd turn to them, but really got pushed to just buy the Kicker set for my car, went to listen to them locally ( a few of their speakers) and felt like they were underwhelming for the price, especially being higher priced than some JL Audio pieces too, but ultimately here's what I was told between Crutchfield and other sources:
  1. Unplug the dash mid entirely, mount a tweeter in its place, and wire that through a cross-over to a new door 6x9 as a component setup.
  2. Replace the dash mid with something like a Kicker 47KSC2704 or Kenwood Excelon KFC-X2C drop in, or some other lesser known to me alternatives, I've heard mentioned like a CDT Audio Unity 8.0, Unity Hybrids, etc. but cant much of any information on.
Option 2 in most cases involved used a Coax 6x9 instead of a component system, particularly the crutchfield recommendation.
Ive heard other snippets about Skar audio, or Blam, but cant find much info there either short of a singular youtube video by an installer.

My primary goal right now is a bump in volume, and better sound clarity (I listen to classic rock, some metal (a7x) and rap, and some jazz here and there (rat pack).

For the time being it will be stock head unit as this is the GIANT new 13.4" screen, and eventually I will look at an amp or sub, but for the time being dont want the giant Kicker GM sub and amp because I have tool storage under the rear seat and not looking to get rid of that.

Ive seen a lot of good things mentioned about audiofrog, CDT audio as well, but dont know anyone who has either for me to try to listen to, and kinda feel like those are geared toward a more educated class of consumer, and one with plans on building out a full system.

So basically looking for a recommendation on speakers that can grow with me. I was originally looking to be within $500 for the first purchase for both front and rear but learning now that I should taper my expectations to spending that on just the front doors and maybe tweeters and/or mids.

Im also reading that in the long run I'd probably want an amp with an LOC or DSP ideally, but I feel like all of that is a little too advanced for my needs. Im not looking for competition or home theater quality, just improvement in volume and sound quality. I may add an amp over time, but for the time being would like something that ultimately sounds better without immediately requiring an amp.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Audiofrog is good equipment, as is stereo integrity, and cdt, and ddaudio a series, Memphis viv sets are nice, dynaudio are nice as are focal and morel. Lots of options at all cost

Image dynamics makes an awesome xs69 mid and 28mm tweeter option

As for the mid range speaker you could go 3way I'd suggest swapping the 6x9 for an 8inch mid and then running a 2.5-3inch in the dash with a complementary tweeter.

But to do this would rather run an amp and some sort of dsp. That's a good bit more money.

Hey all, thank you in advance for your reading and contribution.

I went ahead and searched the subject first, and read everything I could find on the silverado dash speaker to try to educate myself.
Here's where Im at and would like some help:

I have a 2022 "refresh" silverado 1500 (no bose). I understand that the dash speaker isnt a tweeter, its the "mid" 2-3/4" speaker.
Im looking to swap out both front and rear door speakers, and figure out the dash and tweeter situation too.
Ive been recommended a few options to handle the no-tweeter setup now.

Ive bought from Crutchfield before so I figured I'd turn to them, but really got pushed to just buy the Kicker set for my car, went to listen to them locally ( a few of their speakers) and felt like they were underwhelming for the price, especially being higher priced than some JL Audio pieces too, but ultimately here's what I was told between Crutchfield and other sources:
  1. Unplug the dash mid entirely, mount a tweeter in its place, and wire that through a cross-over to a new door 6x9 as a component setup.
  2. Replace the dash mid with something like a Kicker 47KSC2704 or Kenwood Excelon KFC-X2C drop in, or some other lesser known to me alternatives, I've heard mentioned like a CDT Audio Unity 8.0, Unity Hybrids, etc. but cant much of any information on.
Option 2 in most cases involved used a Coax 6x9 instead of a component system, particularly the crutchfield recommendation.
Ive heard other snippets about Skar audio, or Blam, but cant find much info there either short of a singular youtube video by an installer.

My primary goal right now is a bump in volume, and better sound clarity (I listen to classic rock, some metal (a7x) and rap, and some jazz here and there (rat pack).

For the time being it will be stock head unit as this is the GIANT new 13.4" screen, and eventually I will look at an amp or sub, but for the time being dont want the giant Kicker GM sub and amp because I have tool storage under the rear seat and not looking to get rid of that.

Ive seen a lot of good things mentioned about audiofrog, CDT audio as well, but dont know anyone who has either for me to try to listen to, and kinda feel like those are geared toward a more educated class of consumer, and one with plans on building out a full system.

So basically looking for a recommendation on speakers that can grow with me. I was originally looking to be within $500 for the first purchase for both front and rear but learning now that I should taper my expectations to spending that on just the front doors and maybe tweeters and/or mids.

Im also reading that in the long run I'd probably want an amp with an LOC or DSP ideally, but I feel like all of that is a little too advanced for my needs. Im not looking for competition or home theater quality, just improvement in volume and sound quality. I may add an amp over time, but for the time being would like something that ultimately sounds better without immediately requiring an amp.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Audiofrog is good equipment, as is stereo integrity, and cdt, and ddaudio a series, Memphis viv sets are nice, dynaudio are nice as are focal and morel. Lots of options at all cost

Image dynamics makes an awesome xs69 mid and 28mm tweeter option

As for the mid range speaker you could go 3way I'd suggest swapping the 6x9 for an 8inch mid and then running a 2.5-3inch in the dash with a complementary tweeter.

But to do this would rather run an amp and some sort of dsp. That's a good bit more money.

Replace your stock speakers with these first (two front and two back). If you aren't happy then put an amp on them and add a sub.

Screenshot_20221010-232939_Chrome.jpg

I ran a set of Morell tempo ultra 6x9 components with the tweeter in the dash spot on my 18 silverado and was pleased. The doors were deadened well. Im looking for speakers for my 22 sierra and wonder what would beat the Morells.

I ran a set of Morell tempo ultra 6x9 components with the tweeter in the dash spot on my 18 silverado and was pleased. The doors were deadened well. Im looking for speakers for my 22 sierra and wonder what would beat the Morells.

I ended up going with audio frog 6x9 in the door and gs 25's in the dash location. Cant comment on the morrels but am very happy with this setup.

Did the tweeters come with a crossover or are you running it active?
Technically, the GS 25 is not a "tweeter", its a wideband, but I did solder it up the stock speaker's plug which also has capacitors, after cutting out the factory speaker in that spot (to not have to cut the factory wiring - and to not have to buy separate in line filters as well)

I'm in the same boat and have a few posts on several forums so this is NOT advice but just sharing what's going through my mind and we can help each other problem solve.

I have a 2022 Silverado LTD, also non-Bose and the sound system is total horse ****! I am planning a more comprehensive system but want to keep things as simple and stock as possible. My plan was to use external amps, a component set up front and a coax in the rear with a sub under the back seat.

A few of the "issues" I've run into are as follows:
1. What to do with the dash speakers. Seems like most recommend a delete altogether as tweeters bouncing off the windshield may not sound all that great. Don't know if anyone else can comment on that.
2. What to do about the component set up front? Mid in door and tweet in dash, upper door panel, lower door panel, or mounted in the door panel with the mid (either high end coax or a component set that could be converted to a coax)
3. Whether to get involved with DSP to compensate for less-than-ideal speaker placement?
4. If I do somehow get a component set in the door, do I mount an additional small mid in the dash and run as a 3-way. That would affect the amount of amplification channels needed.
5. Where to mount the amps? I'm planning a stealthbox, and it has room for one amp, but not two. What to do if I run multiple amps (multi + mono). Do I mount one under the passenger seat. Do I have enough room for an amp rack behind the rear seat?

Sorry this was not an attempt to hijack but I'm in nearly the same exact boat as you or you will be so figured may add some ideas to your thread. Good luck and I can't wait to make a decision on this every day I hate my audio more and more and just adding a sub is not enough as the mids and highs are just trash, LOL!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...