Looking For Sme Help Buying Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

eherberger

I'm looking to buy new subwoofers for my car, and although I'm pretty new to car audio, I've done a decent amount of research so I have some idea of what to look for. My previous setup was a Hifonics 1200W amp pushing 2 Autotek 500W rms subs in a ported enclosure. I had the subs for about a year but I'm looking to replace them because one of them began smoking and now makes a rattling noise when it plays. My budget for new subs is around $100 for both combined(I know its not much). The ones I'm most interested in right now are these:

Kenwood KFC-XW12 12" Single 4 Ohm Excelon Series Car Subwoofer

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with these subs specifically or kenwood brand subs in general that could tell me if these seem like a good fit for what I've got.

Any other suggestions for subs that are within my price range that you think are a better deal would be greatly appreciated as well.

those kenwoods are good for the money click on the link in my sig, that was four of those 12's, here's the lowdown with them... they will bottom oout if you push too hard in ported box and don't give them too much more than the 400w rms, if you stay by those guidelines they will surprise you for the money, they ran awesome in the sealed boxes i had them in!!!!

I understands that, and I'm not looking for anything amazing honestly. But for lower quality subwoofers is kenwood a pretty good name or are there other brands I should look for in my price range?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.