alpine type x, american bass xfl, incriminator lethal injection

Participant count
  • Participant list

vibe

CarAudio.com Elite
all subs are rated at 1000w rms and was wondering as far as sql and spl go if any one of them have the edge. i would assume alpine would because there more pricey but ive heard remarkable things about these xfl's and have also about the ia li 12's......thanks folks

You can get some damn awesome deals on XFLs here on the forums, if you're on a tight budget I'd go with them. IA li series woofers are beastly subs too, I've never heard them but I've heard from others that they are VERY loud. @basswiigee ; I believe. I just bought a d4 XFL 12" for $145 shipped, $125 before shipping which is an amazing deal on an amazing woofer.

As far as SPL and SQ/SQL goes, that is very largely determined by the box construction quality and design. You can have a junk woofer in an amazing box and still be fairly loud.

Bottom line, if you're on a budget go with XFLs, if your budget isn't as tight as your typical college student (such as myself, lol) go with the IA lethal injection series.

dont like the alpine type x's compared to those 2 and i was thinking the lethal injections myself. i really need to make a custom box for them tho cause i stupidly bought a ground shaker that only has 1.71 cubic feet per sub which is maybe enough even with powerful subs in there to get a chubby.

it all depends on what your looking for... I myself am not a fan of the alpines... because of that price aspect you mentioned... xfl's are some beastly subs... they will eat a 1000w daily without issue (more like 1500ea) AQ has beastly subs at good prices (look into hdc3 and new sets of subs, they got some good prices), i myself run a 12 hdc4 and its a monster (currently on a kx2500 and wants more!!!)... and its on sale for 379... but for one sub i'd put it up against many two sub setups...if you can live with used(i usually prefer that vs. a break in period) there are two IA deathrows on here for really cheap @HomeGrown; and i've heard these subs and they slam, I mean feel it in your chest slam....

dont like the alpine type x's compared to those 2 and i was thinking the lethal injections myself. i really need to make a custom box for them tho cause i stupidly bought a ground shaker that only has 1.71 cubic feet per sub which is maybe enough even with powerful subs in there to get a chubby.
I have a single XFL in 6.5 cubes and it absolutely pounds for a single 12... Yes, the box is huge overkill, but I love it. Specs and a picture are in my sig

yea ive been talking to him but i dont want to lead him on considering its guna be another 2 paychecks i.e 2 weeks before i can afford that. probation bills and such to take care of but if he still has them i want them bad

The X is a low fs mid/high Q sub that is very inefficient, likes big boxes tuned very low, has nice presence but not stellar output, The XFL's would probably take more power daily but they dont have the "miliary spec" build quality of the typical IA. There are other subs in the price range to consider, but at the current pricing of IA stuff, outta the subs you listed, its a no brainer!

awesome yeah im hoping i can get enough money together to buy homegrowns ia's but if not they have brand new lethal injections for 205 at least that is what i saw

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.