Looking for an ok budget amp

darkSSide
10+ year member

Ok so I am looking for a budget amp to power 2 Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW12's. Anybody have any suggestions? A friend of mine that builds systems recommends a APSM1300 and I am looking into this Lanzar HTG2100D($120) and this MB Quart FX1.600($130).

Thoughts? Any help is appreciated,Thanx

Ok so I am looking for a budget amp to power 2 Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW12's. Anybody have any suggestions? A friend of mine that builds systems recommends a APSM1300 and I am looking into this Lanzar HTG2100D($120) and this MB Quart FX1.600($130).Thoughts? Any help is appreciated,Thanx
My brother powers his 2 kfc-w3013's, which I imagine are very similar, with an APSM-1500. It doesn't sound bad at all for a low-buck setup. I wouldn't get the 1300. The gain/x-over/etc dial's are on the bottom of the amp, and you have to unmount it whenever you want to change any settings. Plus, the extra couple hundred watts are only a few bucks more.

audiopoop apsm 1500 or mb quart onyx 1500.. both popular budget amps that seem to get the job done. No experience with either personally, but they are going to be recommended anyway, so Ill go ahead and do it. Lol

well, the ASPM is about as junky as they get in Class D form, The Lanzar is only rated for 500 watts rms at 2 ohms, and I recommended a MB Quart Onyx 1500.1 to a fellow last week and when he got it, it was D.O.A....whatever you choose, look for CLASS D, 700-900watts RMS at 2ohms.

well, the ASPM is about as junky as they get in Class D form, The Lanzar is only rated for 500 watts rms at 2 ohms, and I recommended a MB Quart Onyx 1500.1 to a fellow last week and when he got it, it was D.O.A....whatever you choose, look for CLASS D, 700-900watts RMS at 2ohms.
The apsm1500 will do that and I didn't have any of these problems these other people are having on here with mine. Never cut off on me

You're going to talk about junky Class D form and recommend an overpriced power hungry over-rated Picasso? paleeze. and I love how you base company performance on your buddies bad luck, the MB Quart would sh1t on that Picasso and costs less while doing it.

I can sell you a Hifonics BRZ1700 1200 watts at 2 ohms 1700 at 1 ohm, for 165$ shipped. Leaves room for future upgrades and is a very solid budget amp. Also only a couple months old tuned with a SMD DD-1

The apsm1500 will do that and I didn't have any of these problems these other people are having on here with mine. Never cut off on me
Been giving mine hell, daily, for five months now. Same goes for a family member. I have a feeling that a lot of the issues that are had with them are user error, due to their price making them very attractive to fresh noobs.

I don't have to prove anything..you are doing a good job of that yourself. What did you say exactly?nothing, nada, not a **** thing.
Well considering the Rubicon is a lot better than the Picasso and it doesn't even do rated @ 14.4v I'd say it's a fair bet that the Picasso requires 14.4v just to do less than it's "rated" for. So please explain to me again how an MB quart is worse or even an audiopipe?

Your turn noob.

well, since you are the one here who has actually clamped the Soundstream P1.1200D, you tell me and the OP exactly how much it is overrated. I was simply showing what is out there as much as a link to another website for them to shop. But since you seem to be very persistent in your statements, I want to know exactly what numbers you found at 2 ohms on this amp.

I have not clamped it, but I have installed a few and the SQ was very good. If it was overrated, it was not by enough to actually hear a difference in SPL verses a Brutus 1200D. The customers were extremely satisfied and the amps didn't come back for repairs.

I have held the SPAM1500 and it was not even something I would seriously recommend to anyone due to the shoddy build quality alone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.