Looking for a new system, need help coming up with equipment.

Those 6.5" speakers will probably sound worse than your stock speakers, and I'd bet that the same could be said for those Eclipse 5"x7"s. Look for two way speakers, not three way - three way are usually either a gimmick, or just sound bad.
Boss amplifiers are just as bad. Bridged, you'll probably get about as much out of that as your MTX amp, which isn't putting out more than 250 or so at 4(if your voltage doesn't move from 14V).

That box looks very small to me. I have a feeling your Type R would not be very sensitive in there, and the box is probably tuned to 40Hz or higher.

The headunit is about as basic as they come. If you're okay with having only one set of preamp outputs(meaning you'll either have to use only one amp, or get an amp with outputs as well as inputs), then it's fine. For the price, I don't know. I'm sure you could get a used head unit that is much nicer for that much or less. I sold a Pioneer on here with 3 sets of 4V outs, USB, decent crossover capabilities, and a pretty adjustable equalizer, for $70 shipped.

Because your budget is so low, I suggest buying a used head unit, a Type R, and getting a box built(or building your own box, or finding one on Craigslist) for it.
I highly doubt the speakers would sound worse, but yea they are basic speakers. That's the point. As long as they are a slight improvement over stock which I don't see how they couldn't be, I'm happy.

If I upgrade to a more expensive amp I'd be even going over $500, which is way beyond initial budget anyway.

Also the reason I got such cheap speakers was because a cheap HU doesn't output enough watts (RMS) to power much more than those speakers.

Of course everything could be better, but if it's way better than what I currently have I'd be happy. You're missing the point.

I highly doubt the speakers would sound worse, but yea they are basic speakers. That's the point. As long as they are a slight improvement over stock which I don't see how they couldn't be, I'm happy.
If I upgrade to a more expensive amp I'd be even going over $500, which is way beyond initial budget anyway.

Also the reason I got such cheap speakers was because a cheap HU doesn't output enough watts (RMS) to power much more than those speakers.

Of course everything could be better, but if it's way better than what I currently have I'd be happy.
More expensive head units don't have a higher RMS rating. They have more features -- better equalizers, more preamp outputs, digital-to-analog converters, higher signal to noise ratios, crossovers, time alignment, etc. Nearly every head unit you find will be under 20W RMS.

And I'm telling you that the speakers will sound worse because they most likely will. I've had and listened to speakers like that. I've been to Walmart and Best Buy listening to that crap like I'm sure you have. It's getting ridiculously difficult for me to justify posting in this topic because you're just unwilling to listen to what I'm saying.

Because you're so unwilling to do the correct thing, maybe you should just keep the system you have now.

Please, let us help you. What's the most local Craigslist to you? We'll look through it and find something worth your while. The best thing about buying locally is that you can usually listen to it before you buy it(and if you can't, then you shouldn't be buying from that person anyway).

if you are on such a limited budget why do you want to get into car audio in the first place???
I'd hardly say dropping $500 on a car that doesn't affect the cars performance is 'such a limited budget'. Of course on here you guys says that, but in reality think about it. $500 just for music in a car is still a lot of money, regardless of what you think.

Like I said, I'm not trying to get the best out there and make the earth move under my car as I drive down the road, I just want good quality music in my car that I can listen to on a daily basis in the 3 miles total that I drive daily. The stuff I have right now sounds ok but I just want a slight upgrade.

I'd hardly say dropping $500 on a car that doesn't affect the cars performance is 'such a limited budget'. Of course on here you guys says that, but in reality think about it. $500 just for music in a car is still a lot of money, regardless of what you think.
Like I said, I'm not trying to get the best out there and make the earth move under my car as I drive down the road, I just want good quality music in my car that I can listen to on a daily basis in the 3 miles total that I drive daily. The stuff I have right now sounds ok but I just want a slight upgrade.
Here it is again.

Move on, guys. He's just going to keep repeating the same garbage over and over until we either validate his unfounded beliefs or **** him off enough to leave. Either way, nothing will be lost, and none of us will give a fuck. I'm done trying to help you; maybe you'll find somebody else to actually give you a response.

More expensive head units don't have a higher RMS rating. They have more features -- better equalizers, more preamp outputs, digital-to-analog converters, higher signal to noise ratios, crossovers, time alignment, etc. Nearly every head unit you find will be under 20W RMS.
And I'm telling you that the speakers will sound worse because they most likely will. I've had and listened to speakers like that. I've been to Walmart and Best Buy listening to that crap like I'm sure you have. It's getting ridiculously difficult for me to justify posting in this topic because you're just unwilling to listen to what I'm saying.

Because you're so unwilling to do the correct thing, maybe you should just keep the system you have now.
I hope this post is a joke.

Seriously man, get off your high horse and get back in touch with reality. You're being so overly rude and aggressive with me it's unbelievable. I don't understand how somebody could be so snarky and elitist when it comes to music being played in a car. I'm sorry I'm not as great as you, my master.

Of course I appreciate all the help I am getting and I am listening to all the advice, just because I don't agree with everything or don't want to act on 100% of the advice doesn't mean I'm not listening. If that's what you think, that's laughable.

Just because I'm researching a ton and delving into all possible options in my budget to upgrade the quality of music in my vehicle does not mean I am not listening. I will spend weeks doing things just like this thread until I know exactly what to get for my budget that sounds good.

I come from a line of European over-analyzers who research until the horse has been beaten to death multiple times, but that's just who I am.

If you want me to change my genetics and thought process, I'd be more than happy to do whatever surgical or other procedure to make myself up to snuff with your standards.

In short, please lose the attitude. I know I don't know much about car audio, but you don't have to be so aggressive, rude, and elitist with me. It's extremely uncalled for, and if you think I'm not listening to any advice you're 100% in the wrong. And I'll tell you what I'm thinking, not you. Because unless I've been living under a rock, people can't read minds over text on the internet.

Here it is again.
Move on, guys. He's just going to keep repeating the same garbage over and over until we either validate his unfounded beliefs or **** him off enough to leave. Either way, nothing will be lost, and none of us will give a fuck. I'm done trying to help you; maybe you'll find somebody else to actually give you a response.
I reiterate the fact that this man is outright being rude and mean to me, and I don't appreciate it one bit. This thread was created for a reason and just because the first suggestion wasn't 100% adopted does not mean I'm not listening. If you think my Freedom of Speech is garbage, that's too bad. I'm sorry that I asked a question on a forum, heaven forbid I don't listen to MisterDeadeye and do every single thing he suggests.

Please ignore this guy, because he is clearly trolling my thread and I don't appreciate it. I can't believe how uncivil and immature you're acting over something like this. My opinion does not and will not match up with yours completely, I don't understand why that's so earthshattering for you?

hey noob stfu and gtfo, deadeye is a respected member here and you arent... you continue to not listen to any of our advice so gtfo... go to walmart and get a set of duals because that is the only thing that you can afford you butthurt ***... now go bend over for your daddy like the good little girl that you are... have a nice day.

hey noob stfu and gtfo, deadeye is a respected member here and you arent... you continue to not listen to any of our advice so gtfo... go to walmart and get a set of duals because that is the only thing that you can afford you butthurt ***... now go bend over for your daddy like the good little girl that you are... have a nice day.
Why are you being so insulting? Why are you being so elitist? Just because I don't drop $5000 into my car's audio system you're telling me to go to Walmart? Is this seriously happening?

I didn't mean any disrespect to anybody, and I appreciate all the help I have received. I never questioned Deadeye's reputation, and I'm sure he knows his stuff. My point was he was being extremely aggressive with me and basically telling me my very being is wrong, and I didn't appreciate that.

You telling me to "Gtfo" is not only rude but completely uncalled for. I am not causing any harm or being rude, but clearly you are.

I can afford a lot more in my system, but I already expressed my philosophy on car audio. Just because I don't go to Community College allowing me to drop thousands of dollars into my car doesn't make me a lesser human being.

Seriously man. Chill out. The name calling is so unnecessary. Can you not even hold a conversation with somebody where you have to resort to calling me a butthurt ***? Seriously?

I didn't mean any disrespect and I appreciate all of the help I am getting, I don't understand where this hatred is coming from.

Just for your information, my father left me and my mother one week after my golden birthday and I haven't talked to him since. No joke. I am livid at what you just said. Don't say things like that idly, it can really hurt a person.

Again I mean no disrespect for anyone and the level of hostility directed at me never stemmed from myself. I don't know where it came from.

Please, why do you think I am not listening to you?

I have two Image Dynamic 12v3's and a Rockford Fosgate 500-1bd (700watts @1ohm). I will cut you a deal if interested. 300 plus half of shipping. Will include wiring kit as well.

Why are you being so insulting? Why are you being so elitist? Just because I don't drop $5000 into my car's audio system you're telling me to go to Walmart? Is this seriously happening?
I didn't mean any disrespect to anybody, and I appreciate all the help I have received. I never questioned Deadeye's reputation, and I'm sure he knows his stuff. My point was he was being extremely aggressive with me and basically telling me my very being is wrong, and I didn't appreciate that.

You telling me to "Gtfo" is not only rude but completely uncalled for. I am not causing any harm or being rude, but clearly you are.

I can afford a lot more in my system, but I already expressed my philosophy on car audio. Just because I don't go to Community College allowing me to drop thousands of dollars into my car doesn't make me a lesser human being.

Seriously man. Chill out. The name calling is so unnecessary. Can you not even hold a conversation with somebody where you have to resort to calling me a butthurt ***? Seriously?

I didn't mean any disrespect and I appreciate all of the help I am getting, I don't understand where this hatred is coming from.

Just for your information, my father left me and my mother one week after my golden birthday and I haven't talked to him since. No joke. I am livid at what you just said. Don't say things like that idly, it can really hurt a person.

Again I mean no disrespect for anyone and the level of hostility directed at me never stemmed from myself. I don't know where it came from.

Please, why do you think I am not listening to you?
Im sure that you were the reason for your father leaving.... and who said that I go to community college???

Im sure that you were the reason for your father leaving.... and who said that I go to community college???
What kind of human being even has the capacity to say something like this.

I have two Image Dynamic 12v3's and a Rockford Fosgate 500-1bd (700watts @1ohm). I will cut you a deal if interested. 300 plus half of shipping. Will include wiring kit as well.
Appreciate the post! Are they in good condition? What kind of enclosure would work for them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.