Looking for a new system, need help coming up with equipment.

[quote name='RangerDanger']@zorphon Why'd you leave this thread was just starting to get exciting... I miss you. :crying:[/QUOTE]

<3

OP, you must be new to the internet. I only read a couple pages, but this is typical of the faggotry that goes on here.

Do yourself a favor and buy used before you cheap out too badly. You risk winding up with equipment that is under-performing and will fail quickly.

Go to audiosavings.com and purchase a hifonics brutus 1700.1d. Its 1700 watts rms in a 1 ohm load, 1200 watts rms @ 2 ohms, and 600 watts rms@4 ohms. THe amp is cea 2006 compliant. Meaning that it has been tested and confirmed that it pushes the power stated by Hifonics. The amp is on sale for $200. Grab a Boss Audio phantom 12 inch sub for $60 and grab a ported spl box for a little under a hundred. That puts you at about 360 with free shipping. If you use everything correctly you should really get some bump for the money you have in it. Look at Boston Acoustic G1 or G2 12 inch woofers as well. Boston makes really nice quality stuff. Make sure you buy the dual 4 ohm boss sub and wire it parallel to achieve a 2 ohm load. The sub is rated at 1150 watts rms. Not sure it can handle that but it will bump ok for $60. I am a JL Audio or Boston Acoustics type of guy, but realistically you cant even buy a JL Amp for 400. Check out the Boston Acoustics Gt 2300 amp on Amazon its going for about 240.

Go to audiosavings.com and purchase a hifonics brutus 1700.1d. Its 1700 watts rms in a 1 ohm load, 1200 watts rms @ 2 ohms, and 600 watts rms@4 ohms. THe amp is cea 2006 compliant. Meaning that it has been tested and confirmed that it pushes the power stated by Hifonics. The amp is on sale for $200. Grab a Boss Audio phantom 12 inch sub for $60 and grab a ported spl box for a little under a hundred. That puts you at about 360 with free shipping. If you use everything correctly you should really get some bump for the money you have in it. Look at Boston Acoustic G1 or G2 12 inch woofers as well. Boston makes really nice quality stuff. Make sure you buy the dual 4 ohm boss sub and wire it parallel to achieve a 2 ohm load. The sub is rated at 1150 watts rms. Not sure it can handle that but it will bump ok for $60. I am a JL Audio or Boston Acoustics type of guy, but realistically you cant even buy a JL Amp for 400. Check out the Boston Acoustics Gt 2300 amp on Amazon its going for about 240.
no no no no no no no.... and oh yeah, no.

As long as they are a slight improvement over stock which I don't see how they couldn't be, I'm happy.
Of course everything could be better, but if it's way better than what I currently have I'd be happy. You're missing the point.
We aren't missing the point: you are. Your ignorance of the topic and your immaturity is showing all thru your posts.

Just like has already been noted, its apparent that he isn't going to take any advice unless it matches what is already in his teenage head.

But while I am far from "elitist" (i.e., buy the best , or don't buy at all) my opinion is that you're flushing $400 bucks with your thoughts/approach, OP. Better off sticking with the system you have, and saving the $.

/thread for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.