Looking for a new sub/amp combo?

Participant count
  • Participants list

thank you. I can build that.

If I were to temporarily use my current 600 watt amp, it is only 2 ohms. So, I am thinking I would need the DVC 4 ohm sub. But if I then upgrade amps, I am assuming I would probably run the amp at 1 ohm which means I would need the DVC 2 ohm sub. Is that correct? If so, I need to decide whether to get an amp sooner or ??? Could I run the DVC 2 ohm sub with my amp at 4 ohms??? I think it would be pretty low, like 350 watts.

thank you. I can build that.

If I were to temporarily use my current 600 watt amp, it is only 2 ohms. So, I am thinking I would need the DVC 4 ohm sub. But if I then upgrade amps, I am assuming I would probably run the amp at 1 ohm which means I would need the DVC 2 ohm sub. Is that correct? If so, I need to decide whether to get an amp sooner or ??? Could I run the DVC 2 ohm sub with my amp at 4 ohms??? I think it would be pretty low, like 350 watts.
Personally, I like to run at 2 ohms… more efficient for the amp and your car’s electrical. When I used to run my amp at 1 ohm my cruise control would cut off when the bass hit, but that was just on stock electrical. But it’s never happened at 2 ohms so I like staying there. Anyway, 350 would be way under powered for the ICON. Basically, figure out which amp you wanna buy before you decide to go D2 or D4.

That's a good idea. I'll just try to find an amp around 1k or so at 2 ohms. So, the sub would either need to be DVC 4 ohms, or a SVC 1 ohms, right?
If so, I see the ssa icon DVC 4 Ohm is out of stock at the moment.

Amp= Taramps HD 3000/1 ohm Class D.. $195.00 On E-bay with 1 year warranty. Run It at 2 ohms and should be plenty of power for the sub below and if you ever decide to add another sub or upgrade later?? You have the power to do so . Amp should run easily without over heating with the head room

https://www.ctsounds.com/collection...ers/products/strato-10?variant=39568885973147
This is what I would probrably run in that Jeep.. But Thats me. Build an enclosure with the rest of your funds

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Dude is salty because Buck didn’t vote for his hero Biden. Buck contributes so much more than this micro penis ****
Lmao, you are such a f*cking clown bro. Buck doesn't contribute anything anywhere unless you count lies, misinformation, conspiracy theories, and fake box designs. Crazy how you are obsessed with not only Buck but also myself. F*cking priceless!!! 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...