Clipping problem, or lack thereof...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bellmeister

CarAudio.com Recruit
Dallas
Hello, my set up in my 2021 Mazda 3 Hatch non Bose. Added a sub and amp with LOC.

So, I have a 400 watts RMS 8" Skar SVR sub, Skar rp 1200 watt amp and Audio Controls LC2i LOC.

Im really wanting the tightest thump cos while I do listen to other kinds of music with heavy bass, mostly its metal so the double bass drums will sound better with that tighter sound (thats why I bought an 8").

So, I wired them to 4 ohms and the amp runs at 500W RMS at 4 ohms. Sub is 400 RMS.

To get the good bass I need with just one 8" it does need extra so I am wondering should Iget the extra oomph from turning up the gain on amp (its at like 60% now.) or the Accubass setting on the LC2i? To my understanding its a bass boost to 16db. Now, I know were not to use the amps bass boost (my amp has bass boost 0, 6db or 12db) but I also readx that you want the most signal you can get before it goes to the amp from the LOC?
The Accubass is currently at around 30%. So, I need more should I turn up accubass on the LOC or the gain on the amp?

One more thing thats wierd. The LOC has a light on it that lets you know if youre clipping. All the instructions say turn up things until the clipping light comes on, then back it off. Nothing ever clips on my system! I cant get it to clip. What does that mean?
Thanks

I know that sentence should be easy to understand but dang it, I dont lol.
Wait, youre saying turn the gain down low, turn up accubass and then turn gain up to desired level?
Does your amp have a clip light, or do you have an o-scope to set the gain, at least? But yes, turn your amp gain all the way down, and turn the accubass up. You said it has a clip light, right? Turn it up until the clip light comes on… if it doesn’t come on then you can turn it up all the way. Then play a 0db 50 hz sine wave (google JL Audio’s), and then turn the gain up until it matches that signal.

Does your amp have a clip light, or do you have an o-scope to set the gain, at least? But yes, turn your amp gain all the way down, and turn the accubass up. You said it has a clip light, right? Turn it up until the clip light comes on… if it doesn’t come on then you can turn it up all the way. Then play a 0db 50 hz sine wave (google JL Audio’s), and then turn the gain up until it matches that signal.
Tyvm

Well I didn’t mean turn it up to clipping and leave it, but I think you understood I meant turn it up to clipping then back off just below. Don’t pay @Slo_Ride any mind. He’s just a crackhead that lurks the forum calling people idiots and retards, and contributes absolutely nothing to any car audio subjects… but let there be a game on, and he’ll come update A CAR AUDIO FORUM of the score and stats 😂🤣😂🤡

Well I didn’t mean turn it up to clipping and leave it, but I think you understood I meant turn it up to clipping then back off just below. Don’t pay @Slo_Ride any mind. He’s just a crackhead that lurks the forum calling people idiots and retards, and contributes absolutely nothing to any car audio subjects… but let there be a game on, and he’ll come update A CAR AUDIO FORUM of the score and stats 😂🤣😂🤡
Cool story bro.

i found that ignore feature and it’s the best thing ever 😂

Got it. Thanks a lot Bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...