Looking for a good lower watt sub

The demon finally got delivered. I only have about a 10 minute commute so I haven’t tried it on everything I’d like to but it seems great so far. Punchy on the higher frequencies and still thunders on the lows. I’m thinking about tuning my box a little higher though. It’s at 30 so an inch or 2 off the port would probably give better mid bass without hurting the lower end.

Would it hit lower 30’s maybe dipping into the 20’s at 35? I’m kinda thinking about building a new box that’s more square. The one I have now is 18x12.5x24 and seems like I could utilize my space better.

I built like six boxes for my Demon 12 most were near 3 ft.³ at 40 hz. Last fall had transmission issues so I gave the sub to my brother I tossed all the boxes except the one I built to specs 2.1 @ 33 hz so it can fit in his car. I pulled all of the stereo equipment out of my car let it sit for two weeks and then went through all the gears the check engine light turned off and it has been normal ever since.
My brother eventually upgraded and gave me back my sub and I reinstalled everything with a new head unit and rca’s. The sub sounds great with rap and metal in the spec box this time around It didn’t before I must have some electrical issue here is the graph.

Thanks 2RZ-FE I read through all your box building adventures a few times when I was researching the sub. I mostly listen to 2000-05 ish rap and 80’s-90’s hard rock and metal. Do you feel like you’re losing anything on the low end? I know a specific song hits at 28 and I’d like for that to rumble like it does now but I’m wondering if tuning a little higher would make it more punchy on kick drums.

Try 33 to 35. I am powering mine with a JBL GTR 1001 sounds good even though it’s not properly tuned I need to go somewhere and crank up the sub control and adjust my gain I’m only at +3 on the sub control and less than 1/4 gain probably leaving quite a bit on the table even after box rise I don’t have a subsonic filter either

I just set my gain With a tweeter and multimeter. It clipped at 660 watts so at least I can give it a little more than rated. I had the gain all the way with my old gothic sub and never heard any clipping but I’d like to play it safe with this one.

I just set my gain With a tweeter and multimeter. It clipped at 660 watts so at least I can give it a little more than rated. I had the gain all the way with my old gothic sub and never heard any clipping but I’d like to play it safe with this one.

You don''t hear clipping.

I should have said distortion. I did check as shown in post 5 link of this topic
I did it like the guy in the video and it just started to make noise as the gain knob maxed out. I then asked about itin the last couple comments and redid it today with the sub wired up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.